Local Bus to Rodney Bay

SteelerCruiser

We are thinking that we want to go to Rodney Bay on our stop in St Lucia in May. We have done the "Island Tour" and really just want a beach day this time around. I have read on here that a taxi will run close to $30 each way. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have also read that you can take a local "bus" to the Rodney Bay area from the cruise ship pier. We will be on the Carnival Liberty and I know that last time we were on the Island in November on the Valor we docked at the more industrial pier so not sure which one we will dock at this time.

So I guess I would like to know where we can find this local bus that will take us to the Rodney Bay area. I think someone on trip advisor said it is the #1A bus? Where can we find this bus? Directions from both of the piers would be greatly appreciated!

Also where in Rodney Bay can we catch the bus back and how often do they run?

Thanks in Advance!!!

The bus stand for the Castries to Rodney Bay bus is behind the craft market. Buses in St Lucia are small, 14 seater vans, with "M" license plates, and route should be displayed in front window or hood/bonnet of van. Ask any local where the bus stand is, they will point you in the right direction. Essentially though, it's behind and to the right of the craft market (large semi open air building with orange roof).

If docked at La Place Carnage, which is the two-story shopping center at docks, then exit stores, hang a left, follow road up past craft market and small shops with tables and bus stand will be to your left, just past that. If at Pointe Seraphine, it's a longer walk to the bus stand. You could try waiting by the gas station for the bus (flag it down like a taxi) but odds are it will still be full up as it just left the bus stand.Better to walk over - cut through the fisheries complex, hang a right, go past the harbour area to the street light, hang a left then dame as above, passports craft market, etc...

Ask the driver to let you off at Rodney Bay. There will be two large malls at the stop, easy to see. From the stop, cross the road, and walk about 15 minutes to the police sub-station and Spinnaker's for beach, chairs, etc.

Enjoy.