Transfers?

cruisersmom

Although I have searched CC, a lot of the info looks outdated! I'm looking for some recent feedback/suggestions on transfers from the Honolulu airport to a Waikiki beach hotel and from the pier to the airport at the end of our cruise.

Our package includes transfers from the airport to the hotel; however, several people in the past have alluded to it taking up to two hours before they were finally dropped off at their hotel. After a 9 1/2 hour non-stop flight from Atlanta, we want to get to our hotel quickly! If you have used the NCL Transfer service recently, what was your experience?

Who do you recommend to take us from the pier to the airport at the end of our cruise? There will be 4 adults, 4 large suitcases and several smaller carry-ons.

Thank you so much for your help! We're looking forward to a wonderful trip in August!

This week, we used a pre-paid transfer bought through our TA. It just used the cab company from the airport to get us to the Outrigger Reef. Took 20 minutes or so drive with mid-afternoon traffic. Cab showed ~$36 fare. I think we paid $25 for the voucher

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Charliey's Taxi, for instance charges a flat rate of $29 per vehicle for up to 4 people, including a bag and carry on each. Anything you can hold in your lap doesn't count. This compared to a shuttle service which will charge by the person. I believe many taxi services offer a flat rate to or from the airport.

I noticed that some hotels, like the Outrigger offer 24 hour shuttle. You might check with your hotel. I personally would never book a shared shuttle as you will spend a lot of time dropping people here and there. It's only the two of us, so we just pop out to the curb and are placed in the first available taxi, no reservation, they are lined up and waiting, and available for larger parties as well. Quick and easy, no looking and waiting for "your" reserved transfer.

Edited by punkincc

We used the NCL transfer last summer, and regretted it. They squeezed us in the van tightly, and even had our ten year old son sit on my husband's lap. The van picked us up, then picked up another group, then made three stops dropping people off before we arrived at our hotel. I wish I had just made my own arrangements.

• 2 weeks later...
This past fall, we used Pacific Shuttle & Tours http://www.pacific-shuttle.com/rates.html. Brent was great to work with, he was always on-time and his rates are great. Best part is you aren't sharing the ride with other people.

Based on this post, I emailed Brent today, he responded within 30 minutes and I've got our one-way shuttle booked from the Honolulu cruise ship terminal to the airport for December 3. $18 for two people. Thanks so much for the tip about this company!

I can highly recommend Johnny Cab --

http://www.johnnycabhi.com/

Both my sister and I used him for transfers on different dates -- reliable and value for money.

Happy cruising !

We used Johnny Cab in April of this year - for an airport pickup for two to our hotel and 5 days later for a trip from hotel to port for a group of 8 (with lots of luggage and carry-ons!). Recommended,

We just got back on the 19th. From the airport to Waikiki, we used Hawaii23 transportation and had no issues. I believe they take only one party at a time so you don't have multiple stops and they're very affordable. From the port to the airport, we got a taxi for $25. A lot of the taxis seem to be mini vans. Even if you had to get 2 taxis with your group, that might be close to price of a shuttle service with no hassle because there was taxis everywhere? To get from Waikiki to the port, we used Roberts.

Edited by ollychelle

Based on this post, I emailed Brent today, he responded within 30 minutes and I've got our one-way shuttle booked from the Honolulu cruise ship terminal to the airport for December 3. $18 for two people. Thanks so much for the tip about this company!

Awesome. I'm glad I could help :) Have a great trip!