Photos from our Crystal World Cruise Safari

artbcpa

I am just posting a selection of photos from our first 24 hours at Kruger National Park, Mala Mala Game Reserve (Ratray's Camp) In South Africa. It has been truly fantastic. On the way from the airport to the Camp, we saw 3 of the Big 5. This morning we saw one more - the leopard. We are only missing the Cape Buffalo, In addition, we have seen lots of other animals plus several babies and Ratray's Camp is out of this world.

I will be posting more photos over the next 48 hours.

Hope you enjoy.

Art Berkowitz

I am just posting a selection of photos from our first 24 hours at Kruger National Park, Mala Mala Game Reserve (Ratray's Camp) In South Africa. It has been truly fantastic. On the way from the airport to the Camp, we saw 3 of the Big 5. This morning we saw one more - the leopard. We are only missing the Cape Buffalo, In addition, we have seen lots of other animals plus several babies and Ratray's Camp is out of this world.

I will be posting more photos over the next 48 hours.

Hope you enjoy.

Art Berkowitz

Great photos! Please post more along with your story/tips! :)

Last night we tracked leopards and this morning we tracked Cape hunting dogs. The hunting dogs got their kill and dozens of vultures carefully looked for an opportunity to steal their prize. We watched for about an hour as the two groups played cat and mouse, but the hunting dogs always stayed one step ahead. Finally we moved on satisfied that we had seen the best of the interchange.

During the afternoon, we were fortunate to come across a 9-member pride of lions. We watched for about an hour, but they mostly just layed in the grass. Amazing how complacent you can become when you are seeing these fantastic creatures day after day. Later on we spotted another leopard and a small group of elephants with a very tiny baby.

I will be adding more photos with today's captures in just a bit.

I am also interested in your details particularly the tour company, how long, destinations, etc. we are booked on an Oceania TA for 2015. We want to do this before our cruise. We are also considering Victoria Falls. Did you do this from Cape Town or Johannesburg? Loved your pictures. What type of camera and lenses?

Pearl