Anyone done the 'REAL' dune buggy tour?

mays4508

Hi,

I've been looking at the Dune Buggy tour (offered by Carnival, operated by Chukka) but all of the reviews I've read said they are not really dune buggies, but actually more of a UTV. From my googling I see there are pictures of tours for a 'real' dune buggy (it's neon green and blue in the pictures). This picture is even on the Grand Turk Cruise Center webpage, but there is no contact info. Has anyone found or been with a tour operator for the 'real' dune buggies??

Thanks!

The pictures may just be a marketing ploy. Grand Turk's beaches are part of their national Park system and I don't think any are sustainable environmentally for frequent use by "real Dune Buggies". Nor would any vendor's insurance coverage allow for the liability of use on a "real Dune Buggy".

• 2 weeks later...

Just this morning, I spoke to someone at Chukka about a different question but he did mention that they have brand new buggies that haven't even had their first oil change. Unfortunately, he didn't say what type of buggies :( I think crewsweeper is correct though...those cool looking dune buggies are just a marketing tool)