PG C Balcony Cabins, Questions....

BPCruiser

Hoping I can get some input from all you seasoned PG Cruisers. We are looking at possibly booking our 1st PG cruise for FP in September 2017. Will select the C Balcony Cabin category. I typically select mid ship cabins but I noticed on Deck 7 where most of the C cabins are located there are several to the very rear of the ship. (Cabins 763-767). From the PG website they do not appear to be any more expensive yet the cabin and balcony space is significantly bigger.

If available, are these advantageous cabins to book due to extra sq. footage or is there a negative to being in these rear facing cabins. Has anyone booked Cabin 765 or 767? How is the noise and motion at the rear.

Appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks!

Save some money and book cabin 625 if you have to have a balcony. Many people here know my opinion. I take 2 cruises on deck 3 for your one in the 700's. The ship is my balcony. I know this is easy for me to say as this is your first PG cruise but it won't be your last...

Still hoping someone on the PG Boards can help us with info on the C balcony cabins on Deck 7. Rear facing vs. Mid ship. Planning to put deposit down tomorrow and would really appreciate some info to help us select our cabin on Deck 7. Our 1st time on PG

Thanks!

Still hoping someone on the PG Boards can help us with info on the C balcony cabins on Deck 7. Rear facing vs. Mid ship. Planning to put deposit down tomorrow and would really appreciate some info to help us select our cabin on Deck 7. Our 1st time on PG

Thanks!

Rear facing is great no matter what ship you are on. Much better views. However on the PG I can't help you with what might make noise above you if anything. Sorry. Someone will answer you in due time. However most of us regulars here stay on deck 3 or 4, hence the many repeaters.

Save some money and book cabin 625 if you have to have a balcony. Many people here know my opinion. I take 2 cruises on deck 3 for your one in the 700's. The ship is my balcony. I know this is easy for me to say as this is your first PG cruise but it won't be your last...

I absolutely agree with others on this. As for the rear-facing balcony on 7, never been in one, but I would have two reservations: the are right under La Palette, which may mean deck-cleaning and chair moving activities in the morning (i.e., noise); and exhaust from the smokestack--this can be bad at times in La Palette, although it comes and goes a lot when the ship is at anchor, since the ship swings around.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in an aft cabin on Deck 7 in January. I could really feel the vibration of the motor. One day I was feeling some sea sickness and the vibration just made it worse. You also tend to feel the motion more. We only heard noise from La Palette when we were on the balcony and it was not loud at all. We didn't experience any trouble from soot and the view is beautiful from the back of the ship. We were there during rainy season and there was more motion on this cruise vs our last one in September 2014. You can't go wrong no matter where you are. The ship and crew are fantastic!

Sorry that I didn't see this in a timely manner.

We were in room 767 on our 40th anniversary cruise in September 2015. We did the 7 day Society Islands cruise, so we were not really out to sea. We were also concerned for the same reasons that you are. We were very happy with 767. Motion was not an issue, nor was the soot that some people mentioned. We didn't have any.

We loved the balcony and the view was great. We weren't bothered by noise from La Palette either. There is no bathtub, only a huge, beautiful shower. For me, that is preferable. We prefer a shower, and I always see a tub as a falling accident waiting to happen.

We did not choose room 767. Our TA did. Although we were nervous about it, it ended up to be a wonderful experience.

We have done numerous cruises (only 1 on PG), and have always had a balcony. This was a celebration cruise, so we bit the bullet on price and went for it. If we do PG again (which I hope we do), we may consider a window room instead, in order to be able to use the money for a longer itinerary.

My TA said 767 is always first to go. Bc I chose that when the 2017 itins first came out. No actual experience, yet!

Edited by Burpelson