Prices in Bora Bora and Tahiti

jst4fun715

Hinano is a great local beer, both regular and dark. Tabu is also good but not as well known. You can find reasonably priced meals all over French Polynesia!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Depends where you go. A fancy restaurant you will pay a lot. Papeete you can find reasonable prices in and around the Marche. I can't remember exact prices but I do remember prices not being over the top. Moorea too. Bora bora too. There though I go to the supermarket near the pier to buy beer. Don't think I've ever seen a $15 beer even at a hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by twin123185

I have heard the prices in these places are extremely high but have no idea how high they are! What can we expect to pay for a light lunch and perhaps a cocktail or beer? Do they have local beers?

Thanks!

Hi Carol

We did a precruise stay in Tahiti & Moorea to have a OWB experience and chose to cruise the islands as it is cost effective. I don't recall the exact costs but I found the prices quite expensive at the resort hotels we stayed in, ICTahiti, Hilton Moorea. We took the breakfast incl. package, I believe that could run 30-40$PP. Dinner averaged about 100$ with one drink.. They offered daily 2for1 cocktails which was a good deal. Their are a wide choice of restaurants around the islands that will cost far less. Some will offer a shuttle service.

Look for the food trucks in Papeete. They open at 6 pm at the harbor.

As far as I know, Moorea has food trucks as well, but not all in one place like Papeete. The restaurant of the hotel Les Tipaniers on Moorea is reasonable. Directly at the water for lunch. Dinner is served on the road side.

Hinano is a great local beer, both regular and dark. Tabu is also good but not as well known....

You will see the Hinano logo many places. The Tabu logo is somewhat less ubiquitous.

John

114820885_Moo1-11J526c.jpg.35cb359d3471da68ff3cf9b8033f1b25.jpg

414974878_Moo1-11J527c2.jpg.7f01f13eb6a084985a3479d1a3dca662.jpg

1351097097_Moo1-11J687c.jpg.ab298e68d0cf4c3fe860fa6fbc5be95a.jpg