First Time Canadian Cruiser

jscrimshaw

Hello Everyone

My lovely wife and I just booked our first cruise with NCL (Breakaway to Bermuda May 15th 2016)

We chose the Breakaway for our love of New York and since the ship is in the Big Apple, we kill 2 birds with one stone.. A mini vaca to new York and hopefully, a wonderful first time cruise

If you have any tips for our trip, I'm all ears

Edited by jscrimshaw
Forgot cruise date

Bermuda was our first cruise as well. You certainly picked a great place to cruise to. Check out Horseshoe Bay. It is fantastic with the pink sand. There is also a place to get refreshments and food, as well as bathrooms. You could then take the trail to Warwick Long Bay.

Check out the Bermuda Forum here to get other ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

We did the same thing a few years ago (Canadians, Bermuda cruise and then tour New York). I'd suggest is don't try to drive anywhere in NYC. Even on a Sunday, it took us forever. The other is plan your route in and out to minimize trips across the bridges. We had to detour around construction which ended up with at least one extra $12 toll to cross various bridges.

Our plan is to take the Amtrak from Toronto NYC and spend one full day seeing some of the sights we missed when we were last there.. Then wake up super early and watch the Breakaway sail in to port from Battery Park if we get there early enough.

Edited by jscrimshaw
Spelling

Greyhound from London will be about CAD$60 for the 2 of us return.. Amtrak is around US $690 return for the both of us

We're from KW! I've been to New York twice and LOVE it!! On our list is the east coast cruise out of New York to Canada in the fall. Nice to drive and save the airfare!

Friend of ours did the same cruise and travelled Grey Hound overnight from Toronto. Left around 7pm and they arrived around 6am in NYC. Too early to go straight to the port so they toured around Time Square...suitcases and all!

AND then walked to the port. Amtrak sounds so much better!! :)

Have a great time!