My plan...will it work?

mitsugirly

We just got back from Bermuda on May 29. We didn't go to any of the beaches. We did use a blue flag taxi driver, Collin Jennings, for a 5 hour tour of the island. We really enjoyed that.

On my Day 1, we didn't arrive until 3 pm. We bought our tokens right there on the dock where we got off the ship. They also sold passes but no books of tickets. We got on the free trolley & rode all around Dockyard. Then we got off & explored the Rum Factory & the Glass Factory, walked around to the Frog & Onion Pub for dinner. We did a little more exploring then went back to the ship.

On Day 2, we did our 5 hour tour with Collin Jennings. He was right on time & we got back about 15 minutes late. We ate lunch at a deli in Dockyard. Then we walked through a courtyard & I toured the fort. The Commissioners House was closed so didn't see as much as I wanted, but I did see the goats. Then I went over to see Snorkel Beach & where they have a free bonfire. There is a link that shows the schedule for free events at Dockyard. Then back to the ship.

On Day 3, we took the ferry over to Hamilton. We walked around & saw the Birdcage, Perot Post Office, a museum, a neat little park, & wandered through some shops. We stopped for a cold soda & a snack then took the ferry back. I wanted to take a trolley train tour around town that I learned about but it was stopped about 3 years ago. That was a disappointment. Back at Dockyard, we explored Clocktower Mall. We had lunch at Fishbone Bar & Grill. It was very expensive. We paid $60.00 for cheeseburgers, fries & sodas. There is an inexpensive shop at the end of the mall that sells shirts & all the other souvenir stuff. On the way back to the ship, I needed a picture of us & the Moongate. It is right there on the way to the ships on the left near the pirate ship bar.

As others have said, the roads are unsafe to walk because there are no shoulders or sidewalks.

By the way, if you want to see some turtles, there are some big ones in a tank in front of the aquarium (free). If you get out that way, don't miss them.

Oops. I missed that detail!:eek:

No biggie. :D I was looking at your signature line (assuming you must be on RC) and see you have been on the Dawn a few times AND sailed the Seaward on NCL. :eek: I was on the Seaward in 1989 as well. It was my very first cruise. Ahhh the memories (and we thought that was a huge ship lol).:p

No biggie. :D I was looking at your signature line (assuming you must be on RC) and see you have been on the Dawn a few times AND sailed the Seaward on NCL. :eek: I was on the Seaward in 1989 as well. It was my very first cruise. Ahhh the memories (and we thought that was a huge ship lol).:p

Yes I will be sailing RC, but always open to other lines. It will be nice to drive to the port and not worry about the weight of your suitcases or liquid limits. We sailed on what turned out to be the maiden voyage for the Dawn. What a disaster the check in was. On top of that we received nothing for being on the 1st sailing. I remember Royal guests had received this fabric cooler on wheels as their Christmas gift. I thought the Seaward was soo large for that time too. The itinerary was so intense. We sailed to 2 ports the same day....Cancun and Cozumel. Did you see how small the Dawn looks next to the Liberty of the Seas in Bermuda? The Summit looks tiny next the Breakaway.

I really hope that we like Bermuda.

I think we are going to have nothing but rain the days we are there.

I'm really bummed.

I think I'm going to need a do-over because of bad weather.

I BOOKED ANOTHER TRIP TO BERMUDA, SAME ROOM, SAME TIME NEXT YEAR. :D

There's not much not to love about Bermuda...it's awesome....I think you'll be glad to be going back!

http://weather.bm says that there will be a few showers, but if it's just a few here and there, you'll probably be all right. :)

Have a great cruise! :D

Edited by dcipjr