My Bermuda Itinerary

Relax Cruiser

We just got back from Bermuda, and for those looking for things to do this was my itinerary below (which was totally doable, and not too hectic; atleast for us)-

Day 1; Disembarked at 11:00am and just walked around The Dockyard until 1:00pm, came back to ship for lunch and departed at 2:00pm for Snorkeling (Rising Son Catamaran; booked through Cruise Line) until 5:00pm. We were too tired so didn't do anything else after the tour. But there are other night excursions you can do.

Day 2; Left for Somerset Watersports early in the morning at 7:45am for 8am tour (Early bird special- $105 for double jet ski). Tour lasted 75mins and was an awesome experience. After that, went to Horseshoe Bay and spent time till 12pm and got the shuttle back to ship.

1:30pm we had our Dolphin Quest experience till 2pm (They have showers there). 2:30pm took the Ferry/Bus to Crystal Caves and returned back to ship at 6pm.

Day 3; Booked Blue Flag Taxi Driver Colin Jennings for 5hr Island Tour at 9:30am. He was brilliant. He was 30mins late in getting us back, but didn't us. Couldn't have asked for a more better guide. Highly recommend him. Took us to all the beaches/Blue Hole Park/Aquarium/Lighthouse and even gave us Pink Sand. After tour, went to The Frog & Onion Pub for a quick bite before heading back to ship.

So for those looking for things to do, hope the above itinerary helps. After a lot of researching on these forums, managed to plan this perfect itinerary (atleast for us) and thought to share it with you'll.

We just got back from Bermuda, and for those looking for things to do this was my itinerary below (which was totally doable, and not too hectic; atleast for us)-

Day 1; Disembarked at 11:00am and just walked around The Dockyard until 1:00pm, came back to ship for lunch and departed at 2:00pm for Snorkeling (Rising Son Catamaran; booked through Cruise Line) until 5:00pm. We were too tired so didn't do anything else after the tour. But there are other night excursions you can do.

Day 2; Left for Somerset Watersports early in the morning at 7:45am for 8am tour (Early bird special- $105 for double jet ski). Tour lasted 75mins and was an awesome experience. After that, went to Horseshoe Bay and spent time till 12pm and got the shuttle back to ship.

1:30pm we had our Dolphin Quest experience till 2pm (They have showers there). 2:30pm took the Ferry/Bus to Crystal Caves and returned back to ship at 6pm.

Day 3; Booked Blue Flag Taxi Driver Colin Jennings for 5hr Island Tour at 9:30am. He was brilliant. He was 30mins late in getting us back, but didn't us. Couldn't have asked for a more better guide. Highly recommend him. Took us to all the beaches/Blue Hole Park/Aquarium/Lighthouse and even gave us Pink Sand. After tour, went to The Frog & Onion Pub for a quick bite before heading back to ship.

So for those looking for things to do, hope the above itinerary helps. After a lot of researching on these forums, managed to plan this perfect itinerary (atleast for us) and thought to share it with you'll.

Sounds like a great trip! We toured with Colin when we were in Bermuda in 2013 - glad to hear you enjoyed his tour as much as we did!

We've been talking about using a blue flag taxi driver for one of our days in Bermuda. Did you book him before you arrived in Bermuda? Could you give me an idea of what cost would be for this - there would be three of us?

Thanks!

We've been talking about using a blue flag taxi driver for one of our days in Bermuda. Did you book him before you arrived in Bermuda? Could you give me an idea of what cost would be for this - there would be three of us?

Thanks!

Yes, we booked him a month before our cruise. 2 of the days we wanted he was already booked, effectively leaving us the last day. But we weren't worried about missing the ship anytime after reading his reviews.

Cost is $50/hour, not per person so a 5 hour tour would cost you around $250.

We were 4 ppl so we split the cost amongst us (cheaper than the cruises island tour at approx. $99/pp). His contact should be somewhere on the forum just search Colin Jennings. Hope this helped.

Edited by firsttime_cruiser2015

Thanks!

His e-mail is colinjenningstaxi@yahoo.com and mobile phone is 441-799-2959.

Just wondering, did you book Rising Son ahead of time or right at the dock? We wanted to do this, but thinking either day 1 or day 3... if I do this on day 1 then maybe we would go to Hamilton after an early dinner on the ship, for Harbour Nights.

If I want to go to St. George and Crystal Caves, can I do this in one day? Maybe on day 2? ... and save Horseshoe beach for day 3 in morning and then back to the ship for lunch, with some walking around in the afternoon at dockyard?

What are your thoughts? How long does it take to get to either Crystal Caves or St. George? Is it best to use the bus or ferry?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. We are also looking into the jetskiing through Somerset Watersports. Did you book ahead of time? Is it appropriate for an 8 year old?

Thanks for the email info for Colin Jennings. Would you know if he would be able to accommodate a party of five?

Thanks for the info. We are also looking into the jetskiing through Somerset Watersports. Did you book ahead of time? Is it appropriate for an 8 year old?

Thanks for the email info for Colin Jennings. Would you know if he would be able to accommodate a party of five?

We booked ahead of time, as it was early bird special and they only take 6 jetskies per tour so didn't want to lose out and pay more. As for your 8 year old- my personal opinion is no. They might allow it but the time we went the water was too choppy and it felt as if you might fly off anytime. They recommend a speed of minimum of 30mph and even though it sounds less, I did not let my husband drive more than 25mph. I don't know when you're going, but the time we went water temps were 75'f and freezing. And if you fall off (even though your wearing a life jacket), it's very difficult to get back on jet ski as you have to literally jump back on (not easy once your'e in the cold).

As for Colin, yes he will take upto 6 people which is the max but since you're a party of 5, you'll be fine.

Edited by firsttime_cruiser2015

Just wondering, did you book Rising Son ahead of time or right at the dock? We wanted to do this, but thinking either day 1 or day 3... if I do this on day 1 then maybe we would go to Hamilton after an early dinner on the ship, for Harbour Nights.

If I want to go to St. George and Crystal Caves, can I do this in one day? Maybe on day 2? ... and save Horseshoe beach for day 3 in morning and then back to the ship for lunch, with some walking around in the afternoon at dockyard?

What are your thoughts? How long does it take to get to either Crystal Caves or St. George? Is it best to use the bus or ferry?

Thanks!

We booked Rising Son ahead of time. What day will you be reaching Bermuda? If it's on a Sunday, you will not be able to go to Hamilton after Snorkeling. Snorkeling finishes at 5pm. If on a weekday you might be able to go (depends on how tired you are- we certainly were, with water temps being cold, it took a lot more of our energy than we realized).

St. George's & Crystal Caves can be done in 1 day. You need to take the ferry to St George and transfer from there to Caves. Ferry takes about 25mins, not sure how long bus takes as we went to Hamilton and transferred from there. From Hamilton it took around 30-40mins.

And you can certainly do Horseshoe Bay on 3rd day. We went around 9:30am and were back by 12pm. Round trip dedicated shuttle costs $16/pp.

We booked Rising Son ahead of time. What day will you be reaching Bermuda? If it's on a Sunday, you will not be able to go to Hamilton after Snorkeling. Snorkeling finishes at 5pm. If on a weekday you might be able to go (depends on how tired you are- we certainly were, with water temps being cold, it took a lot more of our energy than we realized).

St. George's & Crystal Caves can be done in 1 day. You need to take the ferry to St George and transfer from there to Caves. Ferry takes about 25mins, not sure how long bus takes as we went to Hamilton and transferred from there. From Hamilton it took around 30-40mins.

And you can certainly do Horseshoe Bay on 3rd day. We went around 9:30am and were back by 12pm. Round trip dedicated shuttle costs $16/pp.

Thanks. I think day 1 (wed) we will book the catamaran in the morning. The rest is doable I think. Now I have to hope for good weather!

Thanks for the info. I might just send my husband and two teens for the jetskiing. I was able to book Colin for a tour for us! He mentioned 70/hour and thought 4-5 hours would be a good amount of time. We may have 7 people so it seems reasonable. Did you feel this was too much time or not enough? Also, did you tip on top of the 70/hr? Thanks again!

Day 2;

1:30pm we had our Dolphin Quest experience till 2pm (They have showers there). 2:30pm took the Ferry/Bus to Crystal Caves and returned back to ship at 6pm

EDITED...

Could you give details on the dolphin excursion? Did you book through the ship or directly with Dolphin Quest? How long was your time with the Dolphins?

I am debating between booking direct or with cruise line but I'm not sure how much time the cruise excursion gives you with the Dolphins. Thanks for your help!

Marilyn

Day 2;

1:30pm we had our Dolphin Quest experience till 2pm (They have showers there). 2:30pm took the Ferry/Bus to Crystal Caves and returned back to ship at 6pm

EDITED...

Could you give details on the dolphin excursion? Did you book through the ship or directly with Dolphin Quest? How long was your time with the Dolphins?

I am debating between booking direct or with cruise line but I'm not sure how much time the cruise excursion gives you with the Dolphins. Thanks for your help!

Marilyn

Hi, we booked direct through the website mainly because we felt that the cruise line was only 1 option "Swimming with the Dolphins", which was way more expensive ($259/pp and we were 2 people- around 40mins time). Though you actually swim with the dolphins, we just wanted to have the experience, so we went with a program called "Discover Dolphins", which was just $155/pp (20mins program). So type in Google, Dolphin Quest Bermuda, you'll see different kinds of programs and if you still want to you can go ahead and book through cruise line.

Did you take a taxi to Sommerset Watersports and if so, how much did it cost? Or did you take the bus and walk?

We took a taxi to Somerset, they pay the cost of the taxi (1 way only). Either they pay the cab driver, or you pay and take the receipt in and hand it over to them. They will then refund you. If booking online, your credit card is only used to hold the reservation- you will not be charged until the tour is over.