Alaska cruise with kids under 10

Cruise a holic

Hello,

We are interested in taking our family that includes young children from 7-11 on a cruise to Alaska. I would like to know if anybody has taken young kids on a cruise to Alaska. The kids love the pool and do not want to go to camps. So what can they do onboard if the weather isn't good? Any kid specific shore excursions? They have been on Caribbean cruises and love the beach and pools.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Which ships might work best?

Edited by Cruise a holic

Most Alaskan cruises are port intensive, with usually only 2 sea days. We just did the Radiance of the Seas Northbound with our 8 year old daughter. She had a great time, but complained about all the walking while in port.

As for sea days, they opened up the solarium to kids so so was able to swim, did the rock wall, went to Zumba with my wife and enjoyed a lot of the scheduled activities like dance parties, cake decorating with the captain etc. she was never bored and usually ready for bed by 9 or 10. She did go to the kids club the first day, but never really wanted to go back. I think she just preferred hanging with us, as she said she had a good time the first night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app