Relax!

Tikiintahiti

This is one of the properties that allows day use for cruisers in French Polynesia Just imagine yourself under the shade enjoying a tropical drink ....... ah yes!

Notice the busy beach .....

I took this picture 2 years ago on Moorea

MooreaHiltonbeach1of1-800_zps9cd5185d.jpg

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Here is the view of the same beach looking the other direction.

i-QNGdf9S-L.jpg

This picture is from November, 2013. A couple days later, they dumped a few loads of sand on the beach from a dump truck and spread it with a tractor. The sand was starting to erode from below the foundation of the Rotui Bar & Grill.

Edited by Mercruiser

I've never understood why people like the Hilton and surely these photos don't do the hotel any favours. The so-called 'beach' is minuscule, man-made, prone to regular erosion, and the view is wrecked by the unsightly piers of OWBs. There are far too many rooms crammed into such a small site. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by Fletcher

Fletcher, I am very sure you would not enjoy the Hilton. You have chosen wisely to avoid the place.

I am planning my return visit in 2015. Oh the suffering I will have to endure with those wrecked views and all.

Edited by Mercruiser

During our November visit, several of the OWBs were being renovated. I thought this picture was kind of interesting to see how you replace an OWB roof. They built this scaffolding to have a place to work. Not shown is the chicken-wire fence they built in the water around the OWB to keep any dropped wood or thatch from floating away. Of course, this is the "before" picture. Construction didn't start until about 9:00 a.m.

i-6XMfCVh-L.jpg

I've never understood why people like the Hilton and surely these photos don't do the hotel any favours. The so-called 'beach' is minuscule, man-made, prone to regular erosion, and the view is wrecked by the unsightly piers of OWBs. There are far too many rooms crammed into such a small site. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Which hotel would you recommend?

Canuck - On Moorea I can't really recommend any hotel with confidence as they all have drawbacks. The Sofitel has probably the best beach and a great view across the water to Tahiti. The Pearl has a proper South Seas ambience but the beach is terrible. There isn't anything within the two bays and there's the IC, renovated since I was last there so things may have improved. Personally, I'd do Moorea as a day trip from Tahiti and then head out to the Tuamotus, possibly via Bora Bora. If you have the money, The Brando on its own atoll of Tetiaroa (near Tahiti) looks sensational.

Edited by Fletcher

The cheapest rooms at the Brando are 3,000 Euro per night, 3 night minimum stay, plus 14% tax, full board, So if you have 10,260 Euro ($14,207) burning a hole in your pocket, you can spend it in just three days at the Brando.

You'll also need another 300 Euro per person for the charter flight to the atoll. I guess that's just pocket change for someone spending this kind of money.

If you act fast, you can stay there for the low-low price of just 1,800 Euro per night during their "soft opening", through September 30. What a deal!

I somehow doubt any cruise critic members will be staying at the Brando. Perhaps this resort recommendation would be more appropriate on the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" web site.

Edited by Mercruiser

Given that The Brando is fully inclusive, those room rates aren't that much more than, say, the Four Seasons in Bora Bora where meals, wines, activities etc are extra. If the standards are as high as they are at certain hotels in the Far East (such as the Amanresorts) then The Brando will be a major contender in FP.

I think there are many on CC who stay at high-end hotels and regularly spend huge amounts of money on certain types of cruises and big suites on the ships.

Edited by Fletcher

3,000 Euro doesn't get you a big suite at the Brando. It gets you their smallest accommodation. Their big suites are 9,000 Euro per night, minimum 3 nights.

I look forward to seeing a trip report for the Brando on CC. But I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by Mercruiser

Given that The Brando is fully inclusive, those room rates aren't that much more than, say, the Four Seasons in Bora Bora where meals, wines, activities etc are extra. If the standards are as high as they are at certain hotels in the Far East (such as the Amanresorts) then The Brando will be a major contender in FP.

I think there are many on CC who stay at high-end hotels and regularly spend huge amounts of money on certain types of cruises and big suites on the ships.

We should party together sometime. I guarantee that we'd have a blast.

You bring the Lafite, I'll bring the convo.

I will be visiting Tetiaora for a day this fall and will try to get a peek at the Brando. For a couple of years I had hoped to do my pre cruise there and that it would become part of the Intercontinental chain so I could use points to get free nights. Yeah the prices are too high for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I will be visiting Tetiaora for a day this fall and will try to get a peek at the Brando. For a couple of years I had hoped to do my pre cruise there and that it would become part of the Intercontinental chain so I could use points to get free nights. Yeah the prices are too high for me.

I assumed, incorrectly, that the day tours would stop once the resort opened. Who is your tour provider?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't remember as someone else is handling the details but we are going to ask to at least get close to the resort to get a look. We are taking a day trip from Papeete on a charted boat.