Saint John and Halifax-Walking distance from ports?

narrow56

At the end of June, my husband and I are cruising for the first time with our 2 year old daughter. We've been on a few cruises in the past, but I think this will be VERY different.

We are cruising on the Sunshine to Canada. Our two stops are Saint John and Halifax. What are some recommendations for things to do that are within walking distance of the port? I'm not really comfortable going in a taxi or bus without a carseat.

Thanks in advance!

You might be able to prearrange a taxi tour and ask if they can provide a carseat. Ask for a picture of it to be sure it looks sound. It would be a shame to be limited to just seeing the port area.

You could easily spend the day on or near the waterfront in Halifax. There are a couple play areas there and lots of action.

Check out http://www.destinationhalifax.com/

There are some ideas here: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154967-i326-k6631501-Halifax_and_area_3_days_ni_with_a_toddler_itinerary_help-Nova_Scotia.html

You might be able to prearrange a taxi tour and ask if they can provide a carseat. Ask for a picture of it to be sure it looks sound. It would be a shame to be limited to just seeing the port area.

Thanks for the tip. The last time we were there it seemed like there was quite a bit within walking distance.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sunshine is docking at the Marco Polo Cruse terminal it is at the foot of Princess St and is about 500m from most attractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk