Love Beach, Nassau

Ilovemyhubby127

I love going through my 1,000 Places to See Before You Die book and marking the places that I've been, and looking up places to visit before I go on a cruise. One of the places mentioned is Love Beach. I have been to Nassau twice and forgot both times to look for "places to go" before we went. I have not been to Love Beach and not sure what there is to do there. I want to go this time, so any info about how far from port (Carnival Dream) and what to do and see when we get there would be much appreciated!!!

Jeannie & Travis --- Bootheel of MO

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've never been but I remember reading that it is a nude beach.

It's not a nude beach. Public nudity is against the law in the bahamas.

Love Beach is an odd stretch of beach that is difficult to get to, since you have to trespass to get there.

Sometimes, Nirvana allows you access if you purchase lunch at their pavilion (when they are open, which is again, odd hours).

They sometimes charge $15 pp to enter, sometimes not. You just never know what they will or won't let you do.

So grab a cab and be prepared to pay. - Then arrange for a cab to pick you up at a specified time.

Some jitneys will go down that way, then you have to walk down the hilly driveway to Nirvana. Getting back is the trick since jitney's do not pass very often. You would have to walk to Compass point to grab a cab.

Cab to/ or from Love Beach area is $32 for 2 people. Add'l persons charge is $3 pp.

Love Beach can be a nice stretch of beach with a little snorkleling off shore, but it can also be a dirty stretch, if there's been a recent party or after a weekend.