Private Tour with Rony's or Victor Bodden?

CintiPam

Our January port day will be our first visit to Roatan. We would like to drive around a bit to get a sense of the island, definitely visit some monkeys, and go to a lovely beach for swimming.

Would you recommend Rony's or Victor Bodden for our private tour? I cannot seem to differentiate one from the other.

We just LOVE Rony. We've used him many times. He is very friendly and will do everything possible to make sure you have a great day. We visit Victor's monkeys every time we are in Roatan, but use Rony as our driver for the day. He is a great guy!

There are also many great reviews for Bodden. The main difference is the company size. Rony has a small company. He personally meets everyone. If he is not your driver, he will introduce you. Each and every customer is important to him. He lives in a local neighborhood in a very modest home in Coxen Hole. He does everything possible to help his community.

I'm sure Victor is a great guy also - I don't know him personally. He owns a large tour company, cars, vans, zoo, zipline, lots of land, etc. He hires lots of drivers(also with great reviews). He is considered wealthy by Roatan standards.

Many have a wonderful experiences with both companies. We just choose to support a smaller company.

We used Rony's Tours last week and were very happy. We did a pre-packaged tour #10 Monkey Trail Zipline, Park and Beach. The zipline was at Gumbalimba park, which is also where we were able to hold the monkeys and parrots. The monkeys were wild but trained to come down and interact for food. I really wanted something where the monkeys were not caged or on leashes. The beach was shallow but they do snorkel tours out to the reef, which was amazing. I saw some huge fish out at the reef. Our guide stopped anytime we wanted to so we could take pictures of the island. It was my favorite port on the trip and my favorite excursion.