Hotwire / Priceline

bling19572010

I'm looking for a nice hotel near the cruise port and also the airport in FLL. I don't want to spend more than $150.00 per night. When bidding on Hotwire and Priceline, what area/region would I need to choose for a hotel in my desired location?

Also, I need an accessible room. How do I go about indicating that requirement when bidding on both sites?

Thank you!

I'm looking for a nice hotel near the cruise port and also the airport in FLL. I don't want to spend more than $150.00 per night. When bidding on Hotwire and Priceline, what area/region would I need to choose for a hotel in my desired location?

Also, I need an accessible room. How do I go about indicating that requirement when bidding on both sites?

Thank you!

If you need an accessible room you must book traditionally. Priceline very clearly states that bidding is for one room that will sleep two people. Any special requests cannot be honored. You could very easily end up on a smoking room with two twin beds.

You need to go to http://www.BetterBidding.com and http://www.BiddingForTravel.com and spend a couple of hours reading before you even think about bidding on priceline.

Edited by BlueHerons

The problem for you is that you have to REQUEST the room directly to the hotel AFTER you have paid the noncancellable rate. Some hotels might have one avail but there is never a guarantee with those super discount sites. I agree in your case, I'd book at the hotel's site or try Lastminutetravel.com, which sometimes offers rooms that are accessible. ANd of course you can look at sites like expedia, orbitz etc. to bookl specific rooms.

In Ft. L, nearest the port (5 min) is downtown and a lot of the beach hotels. But the airport isn't very far (15 min) so yes you could stay at one of those chains for less. Read thru some of these thread for some good recs.

Edited by eandj

Agree...Give Last Minute Travel Club a try..they at times offer free membership...After checking all other booking options we ended up with the best rate using them for our pre-cruise in October at Embassy Suites...Best of luck in your search.