Steakhouse First Night questions

Alwayssomething

We have 6:00 pm dinner reservations for 6 at the Steakhouse on the first night of the cruise. I have been on a few cruises and only once did the luggage not make it to the room until after 7. I'm concern about the fact that our dress cloths will not make it in time for our reservations, or that one of the three rooms will not make it in time. I didn't really consider this when I made the reservations.

Also we depart now at 6:00 pm instead of the normal 4:00ish, I assume we will still muster at 4:00ish and just not leave port until 6 since this would conflict with a lot of dinners. Anyone have experience with this?

We have 6:00 pm dinner reservations for 6 at the Steakhouse on the first night of the cruise. I have been on a few cruises and only once did the luggage not make it to the room until after 7. I'm concern about the fact that our dress cloths will not make it in time for our reservations, or that one of the three rooms will not make it in time. I didn't really consider this when I made the reservations.

Also we depart now at 6:00 pm instead of the normal 4:00ish, I assume we will still muster at 4:00ish and just not leave port until 6 since this would conflict with a lot of dinners. Anyone have experience with this?

Most likely the delayed departure is due to a known delay in the previous cruise's return. That means everything from the earliest check-in appointment to the sail away party will be moved accordingly. Muster will still take place 45 minutes to an hour before the new departure time.

As long as all passengers obey the announcements and quiet down for the safety briefing this mandated activity should only take 20-25 minutes before being dismissed. If the muster runs longer the Steakhouse staff will understand why your party is late. But if overly concerned make the second stop after grabbing lunch a quick trip to the Steakhouse hostess desk and verify what their late arrival policy is.

The email I received from the manager of the Steakhouse indicated that the dress code that first night is casual. I doubt we'll need to change for dinner from what we'll be wearing that day.

Casual dress for the steakhouse still means pants, shorts on those over 5 years old are never allowed even on embarkation day. It can be jeans, khakis, chinos or whatever casual pants with a shirt, while women may opt to wear longer capris (mid-calf skimmer style), skirts, or sundresses.

As the other poster indicated pack what you want to wear to the Steakhouse as part of your carry-on, or if weather and travel plans permit wear those clothes to boarding.

Casual dress for the steakhouse still means pants, shorts on those over 5 years old are never allowed even on embarkation day. It can be jeans, khakis, chinos or whatever casual pants with a shirt, while women may opt to wear longer capris (mid-calf skimmer style), skirts, or sundresses.
I cannot imagine that we would embark wearing anything less than that; we're more likely to carry with us clothes to change into to go to the pool than the other way around.

I cannot imagine that we would embark wearing anything less than that; we're more likely to carry with us clothes to change into to go to the pool than the other way around.

You'd be surprised how many passengers when they hear "casual attire" require when cruising immediately imagine gym shorts and sleeveless tee-shirts.

Heck I've even seen people boarding in winter from North Atlantic homeports arrive wear shirts, thin shirts, and sandals. Then they bemoan that muster is outside in the cold weather or the Lido deck isn't heated.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

I have not seen FTTF on sale yet and we cruise in three weeks, does this mean it is already sold out or do they wait until closer?

Most likely already sold out - BUT keep checking everyday. I believe you can also call to see if you can be put on a wait list. This has never really been a clear answer but I've heard some having success with it.

If there is a lot of Platinum/Diamond guest they limit the number of FTTF due to the benefits of what they share and time available to do it.

We secured our FTTF about 6 months out as well I believe.