Any good places in Honolulu to see fireworks on July 4th?

sandgrace

Not sure where you are staying but the Hilton Hawaiian Village has a great display right on the beach on Friday nights, which will be July 3rd this year.

On the 4th, the Ala Moana Center does a huge show next door to the Hilton on Magic Island.

Two good shows, two nights in a row this year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not sure where you are staying but the Hilton Hawaiian Village has a great display right on the beach on Friday nights, which will be July 3rd this year.

On the 4th, the Ala Moana Center does a huge show next door to the Hilton on Magic Island.

Thanks for your reply! We haven't booked our post-cruise hotel yet, but the Hilton Village looks like a great place to stay.

Thanks for your reply! We haven't booked our post-cruise hotel yet, but the Hilton Village looks like a great place to stay.

If you search online you may be able to find current info on fireworks displays on Oahu.

I did a quick search and found an article about this year's fireworks display at the Ala Moana shopping center that 'Freehike' suggested.

http://gohawaii.about.com/od/festivals/a/ala-moana-center-fourth-of-july.htm

With many types of legal fireworks in Hawaii including firecrackers there is no lack of explosions on the Fourth of July. So much so that a sulfur cloud covers many residential areas particularly if the Tradewinds are weak.

Edited by Astro Flyer

For me, the best view is from the water. We like to get a nice evening catamaran cruise and enjoy the show from the water.

On the 4th will they have catamarans that stay out later than the sunset cruises? Great idea!!

We are embarking from the Pride of America on the 4th at 7pm. Do you think we will be able to see any displays from POA?

I'm on that cruise as well and was wondering the same thing. would seem we would just be pulling out around 7:3o ish so I would imagine we would be able to see them?

I'm on that cruise as well and was wondering the same thing. would seem we would just be pulling out around 7:3o ish so I would imagine we would be able to see them?

Anything is possible but I wouldn't count on it. The show doesn't start until 8:30 if memory is correct. You should be well underway by that point.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this info! I'll be there friday night :)

I got this from the Oahu Revealed website:

http://www.hawaiirevealed.com/oahu-revealed/events-happenings/

July 4

Independence Day Fireworks Show from Ala Moana Beach Park. 8:30pm. Free and open to the public. The biggest fireworks show on the island, organizers estimate that up to 50,000 people may attend this event at Ala Moana Beach Park.

July 4

Turtle Bay Resort July 4th Celebration food booths, prize giveaways and live music are all included in this family-friendly event that’s open to the public on O‘ahu’s north shore. Entertainment starts at 3:30pm – fireworks at 8:30pm. Call 808-293-6000.

July 4

Kailua 4th of July Fireworks start at 8pm. Best seen from beach. Call 808-478-5230.

July 4

Celebrate Independence Day aboard the Star of Honolulu with food and live entertainment. Passengers aboard the Dolphin Star will enjoy a casual evening with champagne and views of the fireworks show. 6:15pm-9:15pm. Star Sunset Dinner, Show & Fireworks Cruise is $148 for adults and $104 for children. Call 808-983-7827.