Radiance Grand Suite 1530 or 1552

I am looking at going on a Northbound 7 day Alaskan cruise on the Radiance in May 2018. We would like to get a grand suite but there are only a couple available, one of which being an obstructed view. The two other rooms available are 1530 and 1552.

I've done a lot of research the last couple of days but I can't seem to decide which of these two would be better. 1530 is near the forward elevator and is apparently right under the Park Cafe on Deck 11. 1552 is close to the mid ship elevators, but apparently the balcony of 1554 can look directly into 1552's balcony/room.

Has anyone stayed in either of these two rooms? Are there any pictures of the balconies? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't stayed in either but a quick search and I found this picture of 1552 balcony and behind it you can see 1554 balcony very clearly.

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s433/laurapeeler2/Brilliance%20of%20the%20Seas/DSCN0747_zpsf779a54b.jpg

and here is the view from 1554 down the ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=317605&d=1403912540

I haven't stayed in either but a quick search and I found this picture of 1552 balcony and behind it you can see 1554 balcony very clearly.

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s433/laurapeeler2/Brilliance%20of%20the%20Seas/DSCN0747_zpsf779a54b.jpg

and here is the view from 1554 down the ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=317605&d=1403912540

Thank you for posting these! I actually found a picture similar to the first picture while doing a search online. I'm sure it doesn't make a difference between either one I choose, I just want to try and make the best choice.

I have 1554 for the 5/25 southbound. I PROMISE not to look in your balcony if you promise not to look in mine!

Ha ha! I wish I was on the southbound, but we are looking at the northbound on 5/18. Enjoy that room! I have seen great reviews on 1554. This will be my first cruise to Alaska so I am beyond excited!

• 3 months later...

I just finished an Alaskan Cruise on the Radiance and stayed in Grand Suite 1530. The room itself is nice and very roomy with lots of storage space. There is a pool closet across from the room and the pump runs a lot of the time. We got used to the noise after a while, but you can definitely hear it in your room. We seldom heard the chairs above us, I think just once or twice.

I just finished an Alaskan Cruise on the Radiance and stayed in Grand Suite 1530. The room itself is nice and very roomy with lots of storage space. There is a pool closet across from the room and the pump runs a lot of the time. We got used to the noise after a while, but you can definitely hear it in your room. We seldom heard the chairs above us, I think just once or twice.

Thank you so much for your reply! We have grand suite 1530 booked for May 2018. I am glad to hear that you didn't hear the chairs from the above pool deck that much. As for the pool pump in the room across the hall, I am sure we will get used to it just like you did :).

I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise! I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple of questions. Did you by chance take any photos or videos of the room? Can you tell me about any of the suite perks available? I would love to hear about your experience!

We had a great time. I did take pictures of the room. I can send them to you when I get home. I am not sure how to upload them. As for the perks: fruit basket in the room, we got a cheese plate one night and other goodies one night, concierge lounge that had free drinks and snacks nightly and the concierge was wonderful and left a message everyday telling you what was going on, there was a suite brunch which was very good on the first sea day, separate line for embarking and a breakfast in chops when disembarking, reserved seats in the theater, and free room service. If you know how to upload pics, let me know. I have never used shutterfly or photobucket

We had a great time. I did take pictures of the room. I can send them to you when I get home. I am not sure how to upload them. As for the perks: fruit basket in the room, we got a cheese plate one night and other goodies one night, concierge lounge that had free drinks and snacks nightly and the concierge was wonderful and left a message everyday telling you what was going on, there was a suite brunch which was very good on the first sea day, separate line for embarking and a breakfast in chops when disembarking, reserved seats in the theater, and free room service. If you know how to upload pics, let me know. I have never used shutterfly or photobucket

That would be great! Could you email them to me or if you want to upload pics here you would have to load them onto Shutterfly or photobucket and then copy and paste the web address in your post on here. Whichever would be easier for you would be great.

We just had grand suite 1032 (opposite side of ship) on Radiance to Alaska. Here are some photos. Love the grand suites - so spacious and great suite perks and ooooooh that bathroom! We did hear a lot of scraping from solarium above one night but that was about it for noise.

36221523131_510676a7b8_c.jpg

36221523431_6ce0811a71_c.jpg

36221522821_94f324c349_c.jpg

36221522561_144bb9983f_c.jpg

36221522341_f46ed4c2c5_c.jpg

36221522181_0fce7388a3_c.jpg

We just had grand suite 1032 (opposite side of ship) on Radiance to Alaska. Here are some photos. Love the grand suites - so spacious and great suite perks and ooooooh that bathroom! We did hear a lot of scraping from solarium above one night but that was about it for noise.

36221523131_510676a7b8_c.jpg

36221523431_6ce0811a71_c.jpg

36221522821_94f324c349_c.jpg

36221522561_144bb9983f_c.jpg

36221522341_f46ed4c2c5_c.jpg

36221522181_0fce7388a3_c.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed your cruise. I can't wait to go to Alaska and experience the suite life.

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed your cruise. I can't wait to go to Alaska and experience the suite life.

You are welcome. Alaska cruising is amazing and our favorite. Enjoy!

We had 1530 this June for a South bound Alaska cruise. It was a fantastic location (small ship so nothing was that far away) and honestly we never heard a thing in the room. It was very quiet, except for the glacier day when lots of people were out on the balconies.

• 2 weeks later...
We had 1530 this June for a South bound Alaska cruise. It was a fantastic location (small ship so nothing was that far away) and honestly we never heard a thing in the room. It was very quiet, except for the glacier day when lots of people were out on the balconies.

That is great to hear, thank you for sharing! I hope you had a great time on your cruise!