Alaska Stops Excursions

sydnywde

hey all,

I am doing some last minute planning of my excursions for an upcoming cruise at the end of May

I have the following itinerary:

Ketchikan (7 am - 4 pm)

Tracy Arm Fjord & Juneau (1:30-10)

Skagway (7am - 6)

British Columbia

I want to do a helicopter or sea plane ride at one of these stops. We would also like to do a whale watching trip and would love to see lots of wildlife at any of the stops.

Does anyone have the recommendation of which one of these stops is best for the helicopter or sea plane to a glacier? which is best for the whale watching?

Thanks!

Take a look at http://www.cruiseportinsider.com

You can do Heli tours in Juneau and Skagway over glaciers - even landing on them.

Skagway also had a nice train ride.

Juneau is where most of the whale watching is done -

Ketchikan is the float plane capital of the three ports - most fly into Misty Fjords NP some tours do a combo of plane and boat.

In Tracy Arm your cruise line may offer a small boat excursion that allows you to get closer to the glaciers and see the fjord from water level - usually the tour meets up with the cruise ship in Juneau. IMHO this tour is a must do.

In Juneau there is a company called Harv & Marvs whale watching we did it in 2015 . The best whale tour ever nice small boats and they guarantee to have you back to the ship on time . And they take you to Mendenhall Glacier on the way back . We saw so many whales I was very impressed with the whole tour .

Some of these tours, particularly the Tracy Arm Fjord Explorer, are limited and often sell out pre-cruise so I wouldn't wait too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little off subject but about tours in Alaska. When you leave the ship at a port, say Juneau, can you bring bottled water with you? I know I've read you can't take food off the ship but can't recall if anyone asked about water.

A little off subject but about tours in Alaska. When you leave the ship at a port, say Juneau, can you bring bottled water with you? I know I've read you can't take food off the ship but can't recall if anyone asked about water.

In ports all over the world I have never had anyone question bringing bottled water off the ship, in fact in most places the cruise lines encourage it by selling (or giving it to you on the luxury lines) bottled water at the gangway.

In ports all over the world I have never had anyone question bringing bottled water off the ship, in fact in most places the cruise lines encourage it by selling (or giving it to you on the luxury lines) bottled water at the gangway.

Thanks. I was hoping that was the answer.