Hotels w Free Shuttle Near Port Miami?

Wndrwomn

La Quinta East by the airport has a free shuttle to and from the airport and also provides a free shuttle to the port. However there is nothing around LaQuinta except for one restaurant.

Another option would be to rent a car from Alamo, then you can book your hotel anywhere and have a car to get around and after you return the car at Alamo, they provide free transportation to the port.

Not exactly what you were asking but I don't believe there are any hotels close to the port that have free shuttle from the airport or even one to the port.

Just trying to be helpful in advising you of the options.

Edited by mississauga
To add more info

Typically downtown hotels (close to POM) do not offer either airport or port shuttles - but taxis are inexpensive: about $25+ to get from MIA to downtown and another $12+ to get from your downtown hotel to POM.

Lots of hotels near MIA offer airport shuttles; a few offer both airport and port shuttles. In addition to La Quinta East, suggested above, check out Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical Center.

Post cruise a taxi from POM to MIA will run $27+tip (flat rate fare - ignore the meter).

There are some hotels near the airport. Most hotels near the airport will offer shuttle to the port for a small fee $10-15 per person.

Red Roof Inn also offers free port shuttle. And there is a Holiday Inn north of the airport that also offer free port shuttle.

Are there any hotels that offer a free shuttle to the port?

And if so, will they pick you up at the airport, too?

I stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, 657 Minola Drive Miami Florida back in September. They offer both airport and port shuttle for free. They also have a really great breakfast. Hotel was affordable. The only problem was not much to do in the area. It didn't matter to me since we arrived about 9pm so we were just looking for a place to sleep.

I stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, 657 Minola Drive Miami Florida back in September. They offer both airport and port shuttle for free. They also have a really great breakfast. Hotel was affordable. The only problem was not much to do in the area. It didn't matter to me since we arrived about 9pm so we were just looking for a place to sleep.

That was one of the hotels we were looking at for our cruise in a few weeks, however, the price jumped by $100. So we ended up booking La Quinta East. Another good thing about the La Quinta is that it's on the bus shuttle to the Dolphin Mall and the Miami international mall.

We have the same question as the OP, so I am definitely following this post! We are cruising in May 2016 (28th on the Escape) but didn't realize it was the start of Memorial Weekend, so flights and hotels already seem to be more expensive- and I thought I was planning early! There are 9 of us, so I'm trying to save as much in airfare/hotel/transportation as I can....I'd much rather spend my money ON the cruise than just trying to get there! LOL! I'm checking out all the hotels already listed above. Thanks!

I've read the threads and posts and think I'm clear, but then maybe not....we need to fly in to Ft Lauderdale to start a cruise that leaves from Port of Miami: Celebrity Reflection on Jan 16-Jan 23. We are likely to book a flight in, on Fri 1/15, arriving mid afternoon. We can entertain ourselves reasonably well for the brief tine we'll be at a hotel, so amenities are not too critical. Likely departing on a noon flight on 1/23.

How long does it typically take to get from the Miami Port on disembarkation day, to the Fll Airport?

Is there any reason to stay closer to arrival airport, or closer to Port of Miami?

Is there a hotel that offers free shuttle from Fll airport to their hotel, and then from hotel to Port of Miami?

I checked the YVE Hotel website and can't find mention of their shuttle. This was mentioned in an earlier post.

Thanks for yet another answer to the same questions!

I've read the threads and posts and think I'm clear, but then maybe not....we need to fly in to Ft Lauderdale to start a cruise that leaves from Port of Miami: Celebrity Reflection on Jan 16-Jan 23. We are likely to book a flight in, on Fri 1/15, arriving mid afternoon. We can entertain ourselves reasonably well for the brief tine we'll be at a hotel, so amenities are not too critical. Likely departing on a noon flight on 1/23.

How long does it typically take to get from the Miami Port on disembarkation day, to the Fll Airport? 45-60+ minutes. FLL flights leaving after 1130 or noon should be safe

Is there any reason to stay closer to arrival airport, or closer to Port of Miami? Easy solution is to stay near FLL and shuttle to POM the next day with QLS, SAS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board; most of the shuttle companies list the hotels they pick up at on their web sites, saving you a hotel shuttle ride back to the FLL airport just to catch another shuttle to POM

Is there a hotel that offers free shuttle from Fll airport to their hotel, and then from hotel to Port of Miami? Not really - some offer a package including shuttles, but you are better off booking a hotel that meets your needs and then arranging your own transport

I checked the YVE Hotel website and can't find mention of their shuttle. This was mentioned in an earlier post.

Thanks for yet another answer to the same questions!

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info. Good luck! :)

Hey John, thanks for the update. The debate between Fll and Miami airports, shuttles, hotels, etc is driving me crazy. Plus we have to choose between DFW and IAH on this end. Need to book soon, though!