Queen Elizabeth......Just back.

liverpoollad

A quick summary.

Embarkation, confusing, being told by different information as you moved along the line.

Ship is wonderful with understated beautiful décor, although the atriums just seemed to be used as stairs & not a focal point like other ships, also the sailaways are done at the stern of the ship & not as good as when they are centralised with the upper deck surrounding the pool.

Dining.. All excellent, the best of all the ships we have been on.

Entertainment.. In the theatre 5 production shows (gave 4 a miss having seen too many on our cruising) 5 guests, 1 film, & 1 variety(the production team, a musician & a comedian) ,this side of the entertainment was not the worst we have had. On the other hand if you didn't like ballroom dancing the entertainment was dire, lots of background type of music, 3 pianist, a harpist & a string quartet. Other than the Orchestras there was only 1 band playing popular music throughout the whole cruise .

All in all a super ship,food, itinerary.

Will we sail on Cunard again ..no... why? I don't like the tiered system , we did meet a few of the grill & above class & maybe it was their demeanour & not meant, but they seemed to look down on you, others thought this too. I like being smart, but I would like to go jacketless at times to dinner.

I can understand people liking Cunard but it was a little too staid for us.

Will we sail on Cunard again ..no... why? I don't like the tiered system , we did meet a few of the grill & above class & maybe it was their demeanour & not meant, but they seemed to look down on you, others thought this too. I like being smart, but I would like to go jacketless at times to dinner.

Darling, there is no one above the Grills. :D

I can understand people liking Cunard but it was a little too staid for us.

Oh dear, you must have met with some of the "Grill Fakers". Most of them are only passing themselves off to others as being in the Grills.

If they really were regulars in the Grills they would have a "bit of class" in the truest sense and would not act in the way you described.

Thanks for your post, I think you've given a fair and honest appraisal of how you found your trip. Must confess DH, similar to yourself, he loves formal evenings and wearing suits but would love to go without a jacket some evenings, especially after a busy port day when he wants to relax, one of the reasons he says Celebrity has the edge for him. Just a personal opinion. Wouldn't deter us from Cunard though if the price and itinerary suited us.

Archived