Dollar vs Enterprise RAC at MCO

I booked a rental from Dollar at MCO to be dropped off at port Canaveral for what I thought was a pretty good price for 2 days. Then I read the reviews online and there was not one good one...they were so awful each one was worse than the next. :rolleyes:

So I also booked with Enterprise...for double the cost :eek: I'm wondering why Dollar is so much cheaper for the same class of car...I know I'm being charged a premium from both companies for returning to a different location, but the prices are so different :confused:

Does anyone have experience with either or both of these? Specifically, the rental experience at the airport, condition of car and whether or not you were charged anything additional that you didn't agree to.

I've been using Dollar for as long as I can remember. They're not the cheapest but also not expensive. Most of my rentals with them have been with pickup and return at MCO. Never had problems or issues there or elsewhere.

My most recent rental with them was this past April. I did a one way rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral for the begining of a FOS cruise and another one way from Cape Canaveral to MCO at the end of the cruise.

No problems, glitches, speed bumps, overcharges, issues, etc....I was happy with the way it all went down.

(At MCO the Dollar cars are in a parking garage with poor lighting. I always bring a small flashlight with me and do a 360 check of the exterior of the car and make a point to have them note any prior damage. All Dollar cars are Non Smoking. I've also had to make them note the odor of smoke or give me another car if the smoke odor was too bad. No issues upon returning a car with prior damage/odor of smoke).

Edited by Soundview77

I've been using Dollar for as long as I can remember. They're not the cheapest but also not expensive. Most of my rentals with them have been with pickup and return at MCO. Never had problems or issues there or elsewhere.

My most recent rental with them was this past April. I did a one way rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral for the begining of a FOS cruise and another one way from Cape Canaveral to MCO at the end of the cruise.

No problems, glitches, speed bumps, overcharges, issues, etc....I was happy with the way it all went down.

(At MCO the Dollar cars are in a parking garage with poor lighting. I always bring a small flashlight with me and do a 360 check of the exterior of the car and make a point to have them note any prior damage. All Dollar cars are Non Smoking. I've also had to make them note the odor of smoke or give me another car if the smoke odor was too bad. No issues upon returning a car with prior damage/odor of smoke).

Thanks for this info...makes me feel somewhat better:D

No, Chicago/Minneapolis. But have also had a bad experience at Philadelphia. You get what you pay for...

I agree that you get what you pay for, but Enterprise out of MCO is charging me $80 more for 2 days than Dollar...so one would think I would get more from Enterprise...but who knows :eek: