Ports of call info

ericonabike

Hi

First post here, going on second cruise at the end of month with P and O. Our first was with Thomson, when we were pleased to get a map of each port of call so that we could do our own thing. I used P and O's website to ask if they provided the same info. After four days this is the reply I received [copied verbatim]:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

You will be provided with directions and assistances are all the ports you will be visiting."

Four days to come up with that? Apart from being barely literate it doesn't actually answer the question! And so my reason for posting is firstly to see if anyone here has better info, and secondly to ask if this is typical of customer srvices at P and O or have I just struck unlucky?

Thanks for reading, and for the forum, which has been a valuable source of info.

Hi

First post here, going on second cruise at the end of month with P and O. Our first was with Thomson, when we were pleased to get a map of each port of call so that we could do our own thing. I used P and O's website to ask if they provided the same info. After four days this is the reply I received [copied verbatim]:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

You will be provided with directions and assistances are all the ports you will be visiting."

Four days to come up with that? Apart from being barely literate it doesn't actually answer the question! And so my reason for posting is firstly to see if anyone here has better info, and secondly to ask if this is typical of customer srvices at P and O or have I just struck unlucky?

Thanks for reading, and for the forum, which has been a valuable source of info.

Hello,

Firstly, welcome to the forum :)

When you arrive in your cabin you should find a little booklet that will contian details / maps of all the ports of call you will be visiting.

It will tell you a bit about the town, opening times for shops, what that area is best for in terms of things to buy, where the local banks are & what currency to use etc. I think it also gives numbers of local taxi firms etc. It will also list a few phrases (thank you etc) & most importantly it will have contact information for the port agent in case of emergency.

On the back page it will have a map of the town showing the various tourist attractions etc.

I suspect it's very similar to what you are used to.

Can't really help re P&O Customer Services.... Sorry!

Have a great cruise.

Joan

yes you get them in a booklet when you arrive but don't reply on the info being 100% up-to-date. Some of them were written many years ago so are out of touch with changes and new sights. In Odessa, our map had been translated into English and all the street names were in Russian so EVERYBODY got totally lost and the Cathedral which we'd been recommended to visit by the port presenter wasn't even on the map. Apart from that, I'm sure you'll love P&O and get addicted to cruising with them like so many people here.

I would highly recommend the Ports of Call boards on this site for TripAdvisor for lots of really useful info about each port.

Edited by tartanexile81

Don't expect the maps to be as good as the Thomson ones, they're not! In some cases there are no maps at all (as on our recent cruise with P & O) however there is usually a tourist info or Hop on bus person to grab a free map off....there were a couple of occasions where some local maps were available at reception as we went ashore.....