Freeport - Junkanoo Beach Club closed?

jen&samcantwait

We just returned from a week in Freeport and can confirm that as the previous post noted, there is still significant damage all over the island. Both of the large resorts - Memories and the Grand Lucayan - are still closed, as are a lot of the smaller businesses. But the beaches are as beautiful as ever, and are very quiet.

We just returned from a week in Freeport and can confirm that as the previous post noted, there is still significant damage all over the island. Both of the large resorts - Memories and the Grand Lucayan - are still closed, as are a lot of the smaller businesses. But the beaches are as beautiful as ever, and are very quiet.

So sad :(. Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a cruise to Freeport. We were at this beach on March 17, 2017. We booked the all inclusive at Junkanoo Beach Club. It was beautiful. The food and drinks were great. There was no indication of storm damage from Hurricane Matthew at this beach. I would recommend this excursion and definitely book it again.

We just returned from a cruise to Freeport. We were at this beach on March 17, 2017. We booked the all inclusive at Junkanoo Beach Club. It was beautiful. The food and drinks were great. There was no indication of storm damage from Hurricane Matthew at this beach. I would recommend this excursion and definitely book it again.

Thanks! How did you book it? Though the cruise line, or were you able to contact them independently? We've been there before & would love to return but thought we were out of luck.

Thanks! How did you book it? Though the cruise line, or were you able to contact them independently? We've been there before & would love to return but thought we were out of luck.

Following, I would be interested in this info. as well. We are having a hard time finding something to do in Freeport but I know we want to go to a beach. We had booked something through Pat and Diane's but they canceled on us.

Wow, I thought they were supposed to reopen back in December. That's awful. :( We did a day pass at Memories just a couple of weeks before the hurricane and it was such a nice day.