Quilting fabric

I am going to be on a Baltic cruise this summer. I would love to be able to find some unique fabric to bring home as gifts. Does anyone know of stores in the cruise ports (Copenhagen, Tallinn, Helsinki etc) where I could buy fabric. An internet search isn't helping much. Thanks in advance for your advice

• 3 weeks later...
For Helsinki you could try Eurokangas

address: Yliopistonkatu 5, (corner Yliopistonkatu /Vuorikatu - entrance on Vuorikatu)

Also in Helsinki, the Marimekko store sells fabric by the yard. Hopefullyl, Ultima Thule will be able to tell you which branch will have the largest collection of their fabric by the yard.

If you aren't familiar with the vibrant, bold designs from this company here's link to the US web site:

https://us.marimekko.com/#US

• 2 weeks later...
Which cruise are you on? I'm just researching the very same. Royal Caribbean 9 July for me.

We are on NCL Getaway in August. Since you get to go first, I am counting on you to do extensive research/shopping for the greater good :) The replies to my post have been very helpful, so grateful for all the advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well gang. I never made it to a single shop. There was never time for it.

The problem in Germany was two-fold. Not only was it a Sunday, but it was also a Federal holiday. I can highly recommend the Friends of Dave Mega Mecklenburg tour.

We took a bad tour in Tallinn that didn't permit ANY shopping (the one with City Bike).

Even with a private tour in St. Petersburg, we were just exhausted and cut it short. Didn't go back for day 2.

The time in Helsinki is far too short. We only made it to 3 places. The Red Bus Hop on Hop Off buses were grossly unprepared for the amount of passengers on our boat.

Finally, we decided to skip Stockholm and stayed the day in Nynashamn. It was terrific, but I didn't find a fabric store.

Good luck to you all on your cruise adventures!

I ended up finding a Merimekko store quite by accident in Copenhagen. The sales lady was terrific and pointed me to the odd cuts section. I was able to get smaller pieces of beautiful fabric at a discounted price.