Star - reservations

WJBonds

Hi guys - thanks in advance for your answers...

We are going on the Star Princess in early January. Am I correct in that there are only 2 optional restaurants (Sabatinis and Crown) aboard? Also, is it possible to make reservations for these restaurants, the chef's table, and the sanctuary prior to boarding?

Hi guys - thanks in advance for your answers...

We are going on the Star Princess in early January. Am I correct in that there are only 2 optional restaurants (Sabatinis and Crown) aboard? Also, is it possible to make reservations for these restaurants, the chef's table, and the sanctuary prior to boarding?

Crown Grille and Sabatini's are the only "separate venue" specialty dining onboard. There is also Crab Shack, offered around 3 nights a week in a portion of the Horizon Court. Also, conflicting reports of Fondue a few nights now that she's out of Alaska. Also, Chef's Table.

You cannot make advance reservations for specialty dining or Sanctuary on any Princess ship (thank goodness). Reservations are made once onboard. Head to Sanctuary first as that's first come first served, then to the dining table or call the dine line or direct to the venue and make your dinner reservations. We've never had a problem getting dinner reservations for nights and times we prefer (although we're late diners, so somewhat easier accommodated).

Have a great cruise...

Sanctuary is $40 for full day, $20 for half day or $30 per day if booked for entire sailing....
Just went through this on the Star last week. They count embarkation day as a full day rate if you book the Sanctuary for the whole cruise. Seriously. I argued with them and even insisted on having the supervisor come to explain. They wouldn't budge, insisting that my 5-night/4-day cruise was really five full days. What I was able to do, though, was to book "my" lounger for the entire cruise but was charged only for the full or half day that I used it. There were some cooler mornings when I didn't go as well as a port day so even though I was charged the full half of full day rate of $20/40, I saved overall. Edited by Pam in CA