City of Cork, Old English Market?

tammymacb

I'm considering using Cork as a slower paced day on our BI cruise. I'm looking at Cork City and the Old English Market in particular.

Has anyone gone?

Is it easy to get to?

It looks like there is a lot of sightseeing to do right in that area if I'm correct...

We loved the English Market. Great to go there for a snack lunch and sit in the balcony looking down on all the food stalls below. Be aware that it is always extremely busy.

Oh and if is easily found - just follow the curve of St Patrick's Street from the Merchant Quay Shopping Centre at River Lee bridge for about 300 metres and it will be on your left.

We walked back along Oliver Plunkett Street at the back of the Market which was very interesting too.

Give yourself a good hour to soak up the ambience of the old Market and enjoy your visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the English Market is worth a visit. There are a couple of award winning restaurants, so we had a great lunch, but we weren't on a cruise.

I am wondering if it is still worth a quick stop as part of our all day tour to Blarney Castle and Kinsale or will it be too rushed and really not worth it at that point to enjoy.