Brrrr fjords

Thinking of fjords in june , i like sunbathing so s a big change for me ,is it very cold and wet x

We did Fjords in July - although we had some sunshine, it was not sunbathing in shorts weather when we went - I swam in the pools when we were crossing the North Sea but it was cold when I got out. We wore jeans & t-shirts a lot of the time and we did have some rain too - it was like a typical British summer! I would love to go back & do the Fjords for the amazing scenery but we like our hot sunshine cruises too much & the Sailaway Deck Parties in the balmy summer heat!

We did Fjords in July - although we had some sunshine, it was not sunbathing in shorts weather when we went - I swam in the pools when we were crossing the North Sea but it was cold when I got out. We wore jeans & t-shirts a lot of the time and we did have some rain too - it was like a typical British summer! I would love to go back & do the Fjords for the amazing scenery but we like our hot sunshine cruises too much & the Sailaway Deck Parties in the balmy summer heat!

I know where you are coming from Jules when you are in search of some sun - I think more people than ever will be thinking the same this year (just when it gets a little bit warmer it's pouring all day here!!!). But I have some very fond memories of a lunchtime deck BBQ sitting in the 'bowl' of mountains at the end of a fjord in lovely sunshine one year. Absolutely idyllic! :)

Thinking of fjords in june , i like sunbathing so s a big change for me ,is it very cold and wet x

Hi Jamesy

We did the fjords and the North Cape last year in June. The weather was glorious a lot better than it was at home. We only had rain on 2 mornings out of 12. You were able to sunbathe most days but not many people used the pool though as it was freezing.

The only time we really felt the cold was on the evening deck parties especially the one we had at midnight in the Arctic in the midnight sun.

We were so lucky the sea as very calm too no rough seas at all.

Absolutely loved it.

Mary

We went last July and i agree with Julie, its not that warm ! We may have been unlucky but we had 12 nights and we had rain every day ( some days quite heavy..hilarious photos of me in a plastic mac with hood up, not flattering !! :eek: ) but then the sun did come out too most days and some days i was in shorts.

It was too cold to use the pool but we were on a ship with an indoor pool too that was really tropical so used that :cool::cool:

We loved it, like Julie will go again one day and so pleased we've been as its awesome. Will just be doing "sun" cruises for a couple of years again first ;)

Archived