Are we mad???

hobbsie65

We are going to the bay of islands on the cruise so that should be good. We can not risk the weather in Queenstown for getting back for our flight back to Akl & home so we will give it a miss & go to Waiheke for the day during our stay in Akl. I agree that I have not seen loads that make me want to stay in Akl for a long time but as we are only staying 2 nights it will nice to visit especially being in Waiheke for a day. Thanks for your advice

Good idea. Waiheke is gorgeous. You could even stay over on Waiheke. There are regular ferries running all day long and you should be able to find ones that fit in with disembarking from your cruise and then going to the airport to catch your flight home. The ferry terminal is very close to where the cruise ships dock.

I just booked 2 nights on Waiheke so straight off the cruise and over to Waiheke which should be wonderful. Do any of our New Zealand friends out there know if there is anywhere to store our bags for a couple day to save taking them with us? I have read at the Britomart Travel Centre but I can not find any info on the Britomart site. Many thanks