Cost of pub meal?

Can anybody give me a rough idea of what we can expect to pay for an evening meal at a pub near the London Eye? We will be staying at the Premier Inn London County Hall, but my husband would prefer to eat at a pub rather than the hotel restaurant. Nothing fancy, we are not beer or wine drinkers.

YOur steaks will cost mre fish and chips will be less it wont be cheap:eek:

Just try Trip Advisor - eat at the Slug and Lettuce (a chain) and £20 each will be ample. If you can afford a cruise the cost of a meal is really incidental.

Yeah, we ate at Slug and Lettuce. £20 each will get you lots.

[YOUTUBE]X92NTExQsbA[/YOUTUBE]

I feel I should elaborate on the term 'Bangers'. Sausages come in all shapes, sizes and varieties, but are normally pork based. In recent years the sausage market has gone upscale, with exotic meats [venison, wild boar etc] plus added ingredients eg Pork and Bramley Apple, Pork and Leek etc. The generic term 'Banger' is normally only used in 'Ye Olde Worlde' type pubs in the UK and abroad, trying to appear to be authentically British. I do not know anyone who would go into a butchers and ask for 6 bangers.

There are also other meanings to the term banger. If a lady is described as having a 'fine pair of bangers', she does not have two excellent sausages, but she does have a well defined chest.

If someone has an 'old banger' they do not have an ancient sausage, but rather a old, noisy car.

Finally, a banger can also refer to a small firework that goes, well, BANG!

Hope that is all clear!

Thanks so much for all of the responses! Now we will have to decide where to eat! I am very grateful for the variety of answers!

When in London, we don't eat much for breakfast and find that a place like Greggs really suits us fine. Pastry and latte for 2 pounds. Greggs is a chain store, all over London and UK.

[YOUTUBE]CSCFsjbod8Q[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2