Best restaurant on Caye Caulker?

justgr8fl2cruise

a lot of cruisers head up to the Split and go to the Lazy Lizard. For a little nicer atmosphere, try Habaneros or Coconut Reef (Front Street). For the hole-in-the-wall local places head for Maggie's (on Lind Coral; curry lobster). Mama Liz's (a couple of blocks inland from the water taxi) or Barrier Reef (Front Street). And save room for the Cake Lady's banana cake, yummy!

a lot of cruisers head up to the Split and go to the Lazy Lizard. For a little nicer atmosphere, try Habaneros or Coconut Reef (Front Street). For the hole-in-the-wall local places head for Maggie's (on Lind Coral; curry lobster). Mama Liz's (a couple of blocks inland from the water taxi) or Barrier Reef (Front Street). And save room for the Cake Lady's banana cake, yummy!

Crew-what do they serve at the Lazy Lizard and prices? :D

It's mainly a bar, but fresh grouper sammies, and other lunch type stuff as I recall. Beer was cheap and I think mixed tropical drinks were around 10BZ. But it's been a couple of years now since we were there. If the water is relatively calm, it's a decent shore snorkel spot. But there can be a current.

There used to be a guy about a 100 yards down the beach toward town who sold his fresh catch, grilled over a cut away oil drum grill. But I didn't see him last time I was there. He had great food, cheap! But no drinks.

Edited by crewsweeper

• 2 months later...

We spent 10 days on Caye Caulker in Nov 2013. One of the neatest/quaintest little islands we've ever visited.

Lazy Lizard will be one of the more popular hangouts. Depending on what you enjoy, but for that reason we head the opposite direction. :)

Our favorite places to eat where typically places that were only open for dinner such as Wish Willy's and Frans. I would suggest staying off Front Street as this is where most people will be. It's the main street, more crowded, more expensive and in our opinion was disappointed in comparison to other places we tried off the beaten path.

Perhaps our favorite place for lunch was Marin's. Here is their web site:

Marin's: http://aguallos.com/marinsrestaurant/index.htm

Other options we enjoyed, but keep in mind we like to get off the beaten path!

Blue Water Deli (not really a deli, it's a restaurant in someone's backyard like): https://www.facebook.com/BlueWaterDeli

Chan's: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g291963-d1208904-Reviews-Chan_s_Takeout-Caye_Caulker_Belize_Cayes.html Chans would be fun as it's to go and you find a place on the water to hang out.

Hope this helps!

"Nothing going on over there, the legal issue (CAUTION) scared the **** out of everyone!

The Split have no customers, no traffic, just a few people on the seawall.

Lazy Lizard cannot open until new agreement or he goes to court and also getting new liquors license,

all work of demolishing main building is stopping !!!!!!!

transmission of information is going as well as it can,discouraged or given second thought to everyone involved!"

The SAGA continue...

• 7 months later...

I follow your posts as you are well traveled. I am heading to Belize in 3 weeks and will be shark snorkeling with Coral Breeze. However, they no longer provide lunch in with the tour. Did you visit any of the bars and restaurants when you were there?

Chesterka, not trying to hijack, but am also interested in some restaurant choices and using Coral Breeze for a snorkeling excursion. How did you contact them? I haven't had any luck with email.

Thanks for your answer.

Edited by BEFdoc

Chesterka, not trying to hijack, but am also interested in some restaurant choices and using Coral Breeze for a snorkeling excursion. How did you contact them? I haven't had any luck with email.

Thanks for your answer.

Here is a website where you can book directly with Coral Breeze. http://www.coralbreezetours.com/

We just filled out the information online and a few days later received a confirmation email. I haven't decided on a place for lunch yet. I was hoping to get some feedback from others who had been there before.

Here is a website where you can book directly with Coral Breeze. http://www.coralbreezetours.com/

We just filled out the information online and a few days later received a confirmation email. I haven't decided on a place for lunch yet. I was hoping to get some feedback from others who had been there before.

Yup, that's the one email I have been using. Still no response after 4 tries. I guess I will go with another company. Thanks for the help.