Carambola Botanical Gardens or Gumbalina Park?

Carleeb12

Okay, I'm looking to see some monkeys with my husband and kids (ages 3-9). Is the only way to do this to book a shore excursion through Carnival?

Is Gumbalina Park where the monkeys are seen or is it Carambola Botanical Gardens?

Is West Bay Beach included in the excursion? Is there any way to do these on our own or any private excursion companies that offer cheaper tours to see monkeys and/or go to West Bay Beach? We aren't interested in zip lines or anything like that.

Is the snorkeling at West Bay Beach better than at the beach right off the boat?

I am so confused! :o

Please look up Victor Bodden or Rony's Tours. Their websites have full details. They can take to you see monkeys, sloths, iguanas. They can take you zip lining, or snorkeling. And yes for adults, snorkeling on West Bay is mucho better than at Mahogany Bay. For younger children, who mainly splash around. Mahogany Bay would be okay. And ships docking there do offer dolphin show excursions right there.

Okay, I'm looking to see some monkeys with my husband and kids (ages 3-9). Is the only way to do this to book a shore excursion through Carnival?

Is Gumbalina Park where the monkeys are seen or is it Carambola Botanical Gardens?

Is West Bay Beach included in the excursion? Is there any way to do these on our own or any private excursion companies that offer cheaper tours to see monkeys and/or go to West Bay Beach? We aren't interested in zip lines or anything like that.

Is the snorkeling at West Bay Beach better than at the beach right off the boat?

I am so confused! :o

Gumbalina Park has monkeys, has does both Daniel Johnson's Monkey/Sloth and Victor Bodden Monkey Business. .

The reef comes within steps of the beach on West Bay, the snorkling will be much better than Mahogany Bay.

Now then the rub, Beacher's and Bananarama both offer day passes with transport included but that doesn't get you to the monkeys. So, as said above you may be better off clicking though the web sites of several of the local tour operators to see if they offer what you seek or if you wish to hire a driver. Bodden Tours, Rony Tours, there are plenty of others if you wish to google.

This thread will give you heaps of info about snorkling West Bay.

One other thought, if you wish easy access, boat free, reef snorkling steps from your lounger the Tabyana Excursion is you best bet. Any other place on the beach you will have to walk down the sand to find the good snorkling.