Graduation Cruise Ideas

Martini Mom

Opinions needed....Yes, we're planning way ahead. My son and niece will be graduating from high school this coming June (we all live in California). My son will be 18 and she'll be 17 at the time and their grandma wants to take them on a cruise to celebrate. My son has cruised before, but my niece is a very seasoned cruiser and traveler. Grandma mentioned some options like Alaska or Hawaii (but she's open to other itins), but I'm not sure either would be the best options. I don't think they'd like Alaska that much and Hawaii has a lot of sea days.

So, which itin do you recommend for them? Thanks :)

My kids do not mind sea days at all. My daughter graduated this year, and we went a cruise last month. She will move to college next Monday:(.

Where did you take her?

Btw, sending you virtual tissues as she heads off to college. :)

I was thinking that since you live in California, you might look into a Mexican Riviera Cruise. Or one of the cruise ship that has the 2.0 upgrades on it. I'm doing an Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Glory in October and I'm taking my younger brother (who's 21 but will turn 22 on the cruise) who has never cruised before with me and he's super excited about the itinerary and it only has 2 days at sea on the itinerary. Plus the Glory has the 2.0 upgrades on it.

I can't speak for Hawaii as we haven't been there but we have been to Alaska. My children were 16,18, and 25. They absolutely loved Alaska. Said it was their favorite vacation. We did a day in Seattle, my 25 year old seriously considered moving there after that visit. In Alaska we did whale watching with Harv and Marv. The whales were bubble feeding and passed within 3 feet of our boat. It was a fantastic trip. I'm sure Hawaii would be amazing too. Just don't cross off Alaska too soon.

Where did you take her?

Btw, sending you virtual tissues as she heads off to college. :)

Western Caribbean, very similar itinerary as the 7/2015 one in your signature. Both my kids sailed 10+ times. We had been all those ports before. But we still liked this cruise. We even did some re-takings at the spots we took pictures before. After we got home, we compared the re-takes with the old pictures ... I guess I need more tissues :(...

Nevermind :(. Just talked with her and she now says that she is afraid to leave the country and is pretty set on Alaska.

Wait, is HI still part of US? And if you do Alaska cruise, it is very possible you will have a port call at Victoria BC, or even sailing from there. Now that's leaving the country:rolleyes:.

Wait, is HI still part of US? And if you do Alaska cruise, it is very possible you will have a port call at Victoria BC, or even sailing from there. Now that's leaving the country:rolleyes:.

LOL, yes obviously. That's why it was one of 2 choices for her. She's going to Canada on a land-based vacation this month too,so apparently she considers that part of the U.S. too ;)

We did a BTB cruise starting in Hawaii May 7 and going to Alaska May 18. May 7 is Carnivals last cruise in Hawaii for the summer then they spend the rest in Alaska. I really liked Hawaii but I loved Alaska. They would also. We did zip lining , whale watching, rode the old train , there is just so much to do. The weather will be good and it is beautiful.