Disabled diapered adult cruising

I am planning my second cruise with my above referenced daughter (31 yrs old). Besides the bathtub she has not been in the water in say 15 yrs. Diapers are not allowed in any US pools or ship pools. And we live in cold watered New England where strolling in the water is a cold endeavor even in August. We are cruising to the Caribbean in March, I would love to find a beach where she could enter the water.

This would be easier said than done..... as first I would have to get her into a beach wheelchair to get to the water and two once in the water I would have to hold her up or let her lay on her back (if she would comply). I would not be able to let her go even with a life preserver on. In Cozumel does anyone know of a possible beach for us? I've read of a few possibilities.....

OK, now sensitive question...Of course if she was having any GI issues we would not do this (diaper leakage NO NO) but there are no guarantees in life so the possibility of an accident could happen.....

Feedback on either point please.....

Rehab hospitals have used self adhesive bandages that can help during minor accidents or for short periods in pools. I doubt you will find any place in the Caribbean that will help you get a combative person, in any degree, into a pool or the ocean. Maybe discuss time in a therapy pool at home to see how she handles things and for you to decide if you can handle most of the transfers with only minor help from local help. Your daughter's neurologist, rehab and physical medicine doctor or orthopedics can help with referrals to such pools in your area.

Northern lite

Thank you so much for your reply! After I wrote it I wondered if I was gonna get a reply, and what the reply would be. Then I thought "So what...if the worse that could happen in my daughter's life is she can't go in a pool again...so what?" I realized that it was my problem, not hers..it was gonna satisfy my need...not hers. I was unable to delete my post however...So thank you for your help but I am gonna just let the chips fall where they may and worry about bigger things....

I was unable to delete my post however...

FYI after logging onto CC go to your post that you want deleted. In the far right top corner on in the beige header line next to the number of the post you'll see a red triangle with an "l" in the center. Click on that and you'll than be able to send a note to CC Moderator requesting that your post be deleted.

Edited by xxoocruiser

• 2 weeks later...