Where to stay, Kemah or Seabrook? for Houston

Kemah or Seabrook?

We have to fly in the day before the cruise . . . get into Bush International at. 4:36 pm. So thinking we are looking for the place that we can have an enjoyable meal that night with a bit to walk around in the morning . . .I know we can get that in Kemah due to the boardwalk, but does Seabrook have anything similar? This is for this November.

Edited by West Coast Gal

Kemah or Seabrook?

We have to fly in the day before the cruise . . . get into Bush International at. 4:36 pm. So thinking we are looking for the place that we can have an enjoyable meal that night with a bit to walk around in the morning . . .I know we can get that in Kemah due to the boardwalk, but does Seabrook have anything similar? This is for this November.

seabrook not so much. altho it is just on the other side of the bridge NOTHING like the Kemah boardwalk. I would just do Kemah if possible.

Or stay in Galveston itself, again things to do down there.

michael

Was wondering if November would be slow and not worth the extra $$

I don't think so. November is a great time of year here in the Houston area. Very nice temperatures and usually dry. The Kemah Boardwalk is very nice. BTW - - The Boardwalk mainly consists of several restaurants, a hotel, and some rides for the kids, or the young at heart. What is really interesting is that the entire Boardwalk (and a whole lot more) is owned by one man; Tilman Fertitta who lives in Houston.

http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/bay_area/news/landry-s-fertitta-makes-forbes-billionaires-list/article_8b40cdc8-20e7-533c-a665-6f1e5ed553c8.html

November is a great time of year here in the Houston area. Very nice temperatures and usually dry. The Kemah Boardwalk is very nice.

I agree. Have a wonderful cruise West Coast Gal!

Edited by JimAOk1945

• 2 weeks later...

Hi West Coast Gal,

We're planning on staying in Kemah too, and I'm wondering how you are getting to the port from the hotel. This is my first cruise out of Houston, so I have no familiarity with the area or any car services....

muse clio aka tracey

• 3 months later...
Hi West Coast Gal,

We're planning on staying in Kemah too, and I'm wondering how you are getting to the port from the hotel. This is my first cruise out of Houston, so I have no familiarity with the area or any car services....

muse clio aka tracey

I know you asked this a long time ago . . . we are just going to use Uber to get to the port that morning.