Topkapi and cameras

I have read that you are not allowed to take photos in Topkapi Palace, but I want to know if they make you leave cameras at the entrance like they do for St Mark's in Venice? Not sure I want to leave a valuable camera. Thanks, Sue

I have read that you are not allowed to take photos in Topkapi Palace, but I want to know if they make you leave cameras at the entrance like they do for St Mark's in Venice? Not sure I want to leave a valuable camera. Thanks, Sue

Hi Sue

Is this a new rule ? There was no problem with photography at the Topkapi in 2012, except for inside the Treasury, where there are signs making it very clear it's not permitted. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]if0ohSTZorQ[/YOUTUBE]

Not true at all. There is one room where you cannot take photos but most of the palace is wide open for pics. Here are a couple of rooms

4691775450_7dcbd21c8d_b.jpg[/url]

4691788926_29564d262e_b.jpg

Edited by zqvol

Its only the Treasury rooms……

and they mean NO PICTURES and they mean business. We saw one man have a VERY large expensive camera taken as he was trying to sneak pictures while the camera was hanging around his neck on his chest. The guard asked to see his camera and saw he had been taking pictures and didn't give it back :eek:

Not sure why some people think the rules are for everyone else but them :confused:

Everywhere else you can "snap" away.

Edited by texancruzer

Hi, I read this on the Topkapi web site

Please, do not take photo inside the exhibition halls in which contains/displays objects for avoid interrupting other visitors' tour and avoid harm objects with flashlight

Not the best English I admit but I thought it meant no photos at all! Anyway thank you for all your replies they have been a great help. Sue