Live from Journey - all is well

excitedofharpenden

Nancy I didn't read through your thread much with the Internet disappearing fast, but will this evening if I can. Glad you had such a good time too. Aren't the crew on that ship the best?

Phil

Yes, Phil, they are the best. How many Captains will turn the ship around for you when you're celebrating an anniversary so you can see the sunset? Of course, most people would not believe that happened but it did. We were both totally amazed and awed.

Hi Everyone,

What started as a fantastic thread, has gone completely downhill - resulting in a discussion about various members, and other off topic chatter. Unfortunately, I've just become aware of a similar conversation on the Oceania forum, and I'm surprised at what's been said on both threads.

It's disappointing that a handful of folks are unwilling to get along, and try our very best to help each other. To me, that's what Cruise Critic is all about - sharing information, and helping our valued members. You know what ? It's perfectly fine to have a favorite cruise line... many of us do. FWIW, I consider myself extremely fortunate and thankful, just to be able to cruise. While Azamara has a wonderful product, I'm confident that Oceania has a wonderful product as well. A lively discussion is one thing. However, for ANY of our members to visit forums, and repeatedly bash a competing brand is (IMO) completely out of line, unnecessary, and immature.

As I'm no longer moderating the Oceania Forum, I have no control as to whether the similar thread on Oceania will be closed, but I am asking the Moderator to follow my lead, and do the same.

A final request. If the other thread is not closed, please refrain from commenting further on the Oceania thread, thereby adding fuel to the fire. It adds nothing to the outstanding quality of our community, and, I absolutely believe that our members are far better than what has transpired in recent days. I hope our dear Oceania friends will comply as well.

Now, let's get back to the subject of what we're all passionate about - Cruising ! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share my thoughts. I'm taking the final word, and this thread is now closed.

Edited by Host Andy