Diet Coke

patiolaterns

Most times the Tonic (both standard and diet)on Azamara is the unpalatable 'Royal Club' brand.

It does depend where in the world the ships are, and the subsequent supply chain.

Totally agree with your comment re: Royal Club. We are not Gin aficionados but when it comes to tonic water there is only one and that's "schhh.....you know who" It was common to see us returning to the ship with a few cans of tonic after searching the supermarkets......how sad is that!!!!!! So UK G&T drinkers forget about packing a nice bottle of wine in your suitcase, instead, a dozen cans of Schweppes may be more rewarding....enjoy:):):)

• 1 month later...

Glad to see that coke zero may be available, coke light (the gamble because it does taste "off" -- not like home -- in different countries) and I can hope diet sprite. The one I really love is Propel lemon a flavored water but maybe lemonade whatever form it may be (strong lemon, sprite like , really sweet POP, with or without tea base) will do. You just never know the outcome of a "lemonade" order!:D And they say we don't taste the local flavor. I find that "fountain" drinks (drink machines) have more variations than the cans do.

I'm all for trying the local delicacies, but after three weeks in Spain -- and enjoying octopus but not so much pig's ears -- there was nothing like the pleasure of opening a can of Coke! Since the US version isn't made with sugar any more, the Spanish version tasted exactly the same to me.

Well I had a hard time adjusting to the schedule in Spain. Heartburn city eating at 11PM! The one thing I did absolutely love was the churros (fried sweet dough) and rich dark chocolate in the working man's bar next to the hotel. HEAVEN!