Parking, port, hotel logistics

AprilJ

For those familiar with NOLA and having stayed at the Hilton Riverside, I'm curious to know if we can walk from the hotel to the port on cruise morning. Thru the mall?

For those that have used Fultons parking? We are staying 2 nights prior to cruise and leaving car at Fultons. My thoughts are....go to hotel, check in, drive to Fultons and park....can we then walk back to the Hilton from Fultons?

For those familiar with NOLA and having stayed at the Hilton Riverside, I'm curious to know if we can walk from the hotel to the port on cruise morning. Thru the mall?

For those that have used Fultons parking? We are staying 2 nights prior to cruise and leaving car at Fultons. My thoughts are....go to hotel, check in, drive to Fultons and park....can we then walk back to the Hilton from Fultons?

My sister and I did this just this past February. Word of warning though - there are a set of steps that you have to go down to get to the terminal. There may be an elevator and we just missed it. It's not too bad going down the stairs (about 10 steps, then a landing and then 10 more steps - may be more than that though) if your luggage isn't too heavy. My sister just decided it was easier to go "ka-thunk, ka-thunk, ka-thunk" down the stairs. :D

I checked out Google Earth and it looks like quite a walk, is it all inside?

Most of it is inside until you get to the end of the Mall. Then you are forced to go outside. The walkway there is covered though (at least overhead) until you get to the stairs. Then it's all open from there to the covered area where they take your luggage.

It depends on which terminal you are going to.

Erato Street (Carnival) involves the stairs.

Julia Street (all others) has an elevator at the south end of Riverwalk that goes directly to the terminal.