Sting Ray City and Turtle Farm

karyn1582

This is our first time stopping in Grand Cayman. We are looking to do the Sting Ray City and the Turtle Farm with the kids (6,6,12). Can anyone suggest a company to go with for these two excursions? I hear the catamaran boats are the best to take out on the excursions. Any input on that as well?

Thank you

Edited by karyn1582

I've done both of these excursions, each of them were done on separate cruises. While they can both be done in the same day, I feel that would be a long day. My daughter loved the turtle farm, we could of spent all day there. The next time I go to Grand Cayman I will just take a taxi to and from the turtle farm. Sting Ray City is a shorter excursion we did thru the ship, I think it was about 3 hours. After that we went to lunch at Margaritaville, they have a nice pool with a water slide. The kids loved it, the adults just sat back and enjoyed the music and cocktails.

Aft Cabins Rule

We did both tours (Stingray City/Snorkeling combined with Hell/Turtle Farm) with Captain Marvin's last June.

They were great to work with. They even arranged for lunch for us (picked it up on our way to Hell) from Subway.

The only problem was the idiot (yours truly) who got the meet time mixed up and almost missed the bus.

The video I did (in my sig) has some of both tours.

FWIW, our kids were 15, 10, 8. The 8 yo didn't like the stingrays and stayed hanging on to mom. She LOVED the turtle farm though.

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we have done both, the first time it was a hell, turtles, and sting ray tour. we only got to see the first part of the turtle farm though so it wasnt very fun but the sting rays were. I think that if you are going i would do one or the other, if you do just turtle farm you get access to the whole farm they now have a pool where you can swim with teh turtles. if you do just the sting rays you get more time to snorkel with them then if you do a combined tour.

We did both tours (Stingray City/Snorkeling combined with Hell/Turtle Farm) with Captain Marvin's last June.

They were great to work with. They even arranged for lunch for us (picked it up on our way to Hell) from Subway.

We did exactly the same thing, lol. We got hungry and stopped at the Subway too.

I highly recommend Captain Marvin's. We did the full tour (like the poster I just quoted) where we did snorkeling, stingrays, Hell, and turtle farm. Best excursion I've ever done. The guys were very good with my shy son as well. They let the kids drive the boat and the pulled up a starfish. We also found a live conch.

The turtle farm was just ok I thought, but the kids loved it best even though it was just holding turtles in the small tanks. As said above, there is not much to it. But it was the highlight for both kids. For me it was the stingrays.

The first 1-5 minutes of my video is that Captain Marvin's tour.

Edited by Mirrasi