Norway cruising

I've always wanted to cruise the fjords of Norway and would love to see Iceland and Greenland -- and lots of places! :)

Seems there are more cruises for Norway so wondering if you veterans have a favorite itinerary or MUST see port?

I would suppose any of the cruise lines do a good job. I am not 'stuck' on one cruise line -- have enjoyed HAL ships and Celebrity, MSC Divina was fun, like the larger NCL ships -- just not a Carnival person -- otherwise am open to the best itinerary and bang for the buck.

If any of you would like to express your opinion of your experiences I am sure lots of folks can benefit.

Thank you!

Would you want to do Norway, Iceland and Greenland in one cruise?

I believe only the smaller cruise lines does Greenland. The French luxury line Ponant does some amazing cruises.

Everyone would have their own opinions about their favorite ports and itineraries.

Mine would be the in depth itineraries of Azamara and Oeania as their ships are smaller and cruises the "inland passages" instead of going out to sea as the larger lines would have to do.

These are some of my favorite ports:

2014-07-13113300_zps3b569e71.jpg

norge5_zpsc3f2b029.jpg

047_zpsecfd2276.jpg

I've always wanted to cruise the fjords of Norway and would love to see Iceland and Greenland -- and lots of places! :)

Seems there are more cruises for Norway so wondering if you veterans have a favorite itinerary or MUST see port?

I would suppose any of the cruise lines do a good job. I am not 'stuck' on one cruise line -- have enjoyed HAL ships and Celebrity, MSC Divina was fun, like the larger NCL ships -- just not a Carnival person -- otherwise am open to the best itinerary and bang for the buck.

If any of you would like to express your opinion of your experiences I am sure lots of folks can benefit.

Thank you!

Hurtigruten does the coast of Norway, Iceland, and Greenland. The ships are smaller but have very nice public spaces and staterooms. The smaller ships get closer to the wonderful scenery. We did a Norway coastal cruise with Hurtigruten and have plans to book with them again in 2016.

Hurtigruten does the coast of Norway, Iceland, and Greenland. The ships are smaller but have very nice public spaces and staterooms. The smaller ships get closer to the wonderful scenery. We did a Norway coastal cruise with Hurtigruten and have plans to book with them again in 2016.

We just finished a cruise on the Norwegian Star that stopped in Bergen. Now we want to go back and do the North Cape. One couple on our TA back to Miami did the Hurtigruten cruise and loved it. They said the ships were small and had great viewing of the scenery. Apparently, the ships go places that the larger ships cannot go.

Here is my review of our cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=264272