Phuket Port

thuyronald

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone know how the Deep Sea port of Phuket is setup.

Is the port enclosed and you have to walk a distance to get a taxi or meet your tour guide?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Twee

Hi,

The port is fenced in, some vehicles are allowed in but you best walk about 300 yards to the entrance where there are loads of taxis and tour cars where you can bargain for whereever you want to go or see,we had car for about 3 hrs. going into Phuket Town and back for $10.

Hi,

The port is fenced in, some vehicles are allowed in but you best walk about 300 yards to the entrance where there are loads of taxis and tour cars where you can bargain for whereever you want to go or see,we had car for about 3 hrs. going into Phuket Town and back for $10.

We are travelling to Phuket at the end of September with the Super Starship Virgo and I was wondering what there was to see in Phuket Town. Were the three hours long enough? Is there anything in particular you would recommend to do or see there. How did you go about the bargaining? We don't want to do a ship's tour there nor do the elephants because we will have gone to Chiang Mai earlier in the trip. Did you do Penang in a similar fashion? Thanks for your assistance.:)

Hi,

The drivers have a list of things to do and where to go and will quote you a price, you should be able to get that price down by about 30%. Three hours is not very long so would suggest that you just drive around to see the place.There are tours to the outlying islands but I don't think you will have time to do that. The old Phuket town is quite interesting or the Zoo. We were not in Penang this time but have been there before.It is easy to negotiate your own way about the place as it is not reaqlly that big.

Enjoy!

Hi,

The drivers have a list of things to do and where to go and will quote you a price, you should be able to get that price down by about 30%. Three hours is not very long so would suggest that you just drive around to see the place.There are tours to the outlying islands but I don't think you will have time to do that. The old Phuket town is quite interesting or the Zoo. We were not in Penang this time but have been there before.It is easy to negotiate your own way about the place as it is not reaqlly that big.

Enjoy!

:) Thanks for that. Actually I think we have closer to 8 hours there. We have been to Phang Nha Bay previously, so we were looking to trying something a bit different. We have always done the ship's tours so this time we wanted to try it on our own. How far is old Phuket Town from where the ships dock? Were there any highlights you remember? Thanks for your help.

The Town is about 20 minutes away by car from the dock. Not a lot of real sights there,shops and a few temples. The dock is actually on the other side from Katong beach which you can get to in about 35 minutes. More beaches and island in Phuket than anything else apart from golf courses.

• 1 month later...
:) Thanks for that. Actually I think we have closer to 8 hours there. We have been to Phang Nha Bay previously, so we were looking to trying something a bit different. We have always done the ship's tours so this time we wanted to try it on our own. How far is old Phuket Town from where the ships dock? Were there any highlights you remember? Thanks for your help.

Hi there

We will be visiting Phuket beginning of October this year and would love to visit Phang Nha Bay. The ship doesn't offer tours to this area and as you have been there, we were wondering if you did this from Phuket?

If you did, how did you organise this tour? How far is it from Phuket wharf? Would it be feasible to go there and back in our ten hour port stay? Is Phang Nha Bay anywhere near Phi Phi Island? Both of these island areas are very attractive to us and we would love to visit them if at all possible during our short ten hour stay in Phuket.

Any suggestions how we can acheive this?

Many thanks in advance.

2happywanderers :):)

Hi there

We will be visiting Phuket beginning of October this year and would love to visit Phang Nha Bay. The ship doesn't offer tours to this area and as you have been there, we were wondering if you did this from Phuket?

If you did, how did you organise this tour? How far is it from Phuket wharf? Would it be feasible to go there and back in our ten hour port stay? Is Phang Nha Bay anywhere near Phi Phi Island? Both of these island areas are very attractive to us and we would love to visit them if at all possible during our short ten hour stay in Phuket.

Many thanks in advance.

Which cruise ship will you be on? Strange that they don't have a tour to Phang Nha Bay which is worth a visit. From memory, it took us a couple of hours to get to spot that the bay tour started from and we stopped in a Muslim fishing village on the way before going to James Bond Island where the water was so warm and then another couple of hours back which included lunch. We are debating whether to take the Virgo tour again which we really enjoyed last time since it is such a beautiful place to visit. I am investigating Oriental Escapes to see if they do a tour there. If you look at a map you will see that it is a way from Phukhet town. I have a feeling that it took us about 8 hours that day. Hope that helps. Let me know if you find out anything else. I think it is in the opposite direction to Phi Phi Islands. Cheers. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there

Many thanks in advance.

Hi 2happywanderers,

I think we are also on the same cruise as you in October, Dawn Princess We have been to Phuket previously and done PhiPhi Island, Maya Bay in a day trip (approx 8hrs) by speed boat. You are able to book in advance and you should be able to be picked up and returned to the wharf. There is a web site offering Phuket tours that is safe to pre book. Promthep Cape is also another place to visit. You can have a delicious meal while looking at the view.

Also on this cruise we are thinking of going to the Taj Mahal while in India, Princess is offering a tour for AUD $1999., I have found a tour operator who will do the same tour for AUD $550. approx!

Any other suggestions you have on other ports?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

We have returned from our Legend of the Seas May 8th trip visiting Phuket.

We used a private driver that was recommended on the web and were very happy with his service. We had 6 people total but could have added 2 more in our van. Our driver, Daj, was very accommodating in what we wanted to see and never rushed us or sent us to any stores. We paid less than $20 per person sharing the van. We would definitely use him again.

He had a board with photos and map of the island and we just picked where we wanted to go. We ended up seeing the Seashell museum, the Big Budha, Cashews Factory (we wanted to go here), the multiple scenic points, elephant and monkey area (can't recall the name), and had a nice lunch plus a foot massage.

If anyone wants to use him, you can email him at kanidaj@hotmail.com.

Here's another recommendation by someone on virtualtourist.

Travel with Daj in style, he has a new van and it looks fantastic. Check out the dvd screen and all the speakers in the van, the seats look very comfortable as well.

Daj is a driver that we can personally recommend as we have used him many times for airport transfers, shopping trips to Phuket Town Markets and transport to and from Rawai.

He is an delight to be around, speaks very good English and knows absolutely everything about Phuket as he was born and raised there.

He can advise you on the best places to shop, great local restaurants. what sights to see etc.

Let him plan a day out for you, or if you prefer - organize your own.

Daj does airport transfers, full or half day tours, actually nothing is to much trouble for him and his prices are very competitive.

You will not regret hiring Daj, he is a very safe driver and we trust him completely, he also has a fantastic sense of humor!

Another very important point to consider when hiring a driver is that they are fully licensed and insured to carry passengers which Daj is!

For information on prices etc email Daj below

or ring his mobile from Australia +66 86 2749195

To ring in Phuket 086 2749195

kanidaj@hotmail.com

Hope this is useful for anyone wanting to hire a reliable driver in Phuket.

Twee

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there

Many thanks in advance.

We have just booked an amazing trip to Phang Nga Bay at http://www.simbaseatrips.com for our cruise in April next year.

Sebastian, the son of the owners, has been responding to all my emails within 24hours or less of me sending them. Usually way before that.

We have made a safe payment of deposit through pay pal and the whole day is ours. They are picking up and dropping off at port.

You can only book direct with them.

I read hundreds of reviews on Trip Advisor before we booked and we are so excited with what they have to offer.

Take a look and I am sure you will get the same service as I did with your emails.

Regards

Michelle

Hi there

Many thanks in advance.

Hi just wondering which cruise you are going on? We are trying to locate fellow travellers on our cruise. We are on SuperVirgo 5 night cruise from Singapore on 18th October.

Lilly

We have just booked an amazing trip to Phang Nga Bay at www.simbaseatrips.com for our cruise in April next year.

Sebastian, the son of the owners, has been responding to all my emails within 24hours or less of me sending them. Usually way before that.

We have made a safe payment of deposit through pay pal and the whole day is ours. They are picking up and dropping off at port.

You can only book direct with them.

I read hundreds of reviews on Trip Advisor before we booked and we are so excited with what they have to offer.

Take a look and I am sure you will get the same service as I did with your emails.

Regards

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Couls you tell me a little bit more about this trip? What was the cost? When and where do they pick you up? How long is the tour? What is the Trip advisor link?We are travelling on the Super Starship Virgo in about 7 weeks in early October and would like to do something like that. How did you get on to Sebastian etc.? Lots of questions as you can see. Hope you can help out.

Thanks, Trish:)

• 1 month later...
Hi 2happywanderers,

Also on this cruise we are thinking of going to the Taj Mahal while in India, Princess is offering a tour for AUD $1999., I have found a tour operator who will do the same tour for AUD $550. approx!

Any other suggestions you have on other ports?

Hi Ibulou.,

oooops sorry.///questions been answerred......

Edited by roscoe39

• 5 years later...