Captain Bob (Soualiga) or Captain Mike (Robinson)

We had a fabulous day on the water with Captain Bob (Fab's boat, actually) last November and have booked to spend another day with him in February 2015. Like another poster mentioned, he was upfront about poor snorkeling conditions, but the day was still fantastic. Definitely try the guavaberry colada! My girls still talk about their "speedboat day" constantly as this was a highlight of all of our vacations to date!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
We had a fabulous day on the water with Captain Bob (Fab's boat, actually) last November and have booked to spend another day with him in February 2015. Like another poster mentioned, he was upfront about poor snorkeling conditions, but the day was still fantastic. Definitely try the guavaberry colada! My girls still talk about their "speedboat day" constantly as this was a highlight of all of our vacations to date!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So good to see your review. I've taken your advice before and you are fabulous at traveling. When in Feb? We will be there the 12th.

So good to see your review. I've taken your advice before and you are fabulous at traveling. When in Feb? We will be there the 12th.

Oh you're so sweet - I'm happy I've been able to help! We'll be there the 17th (sailing Getaway). Hope you'll have a great time a few days before us 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

hi - we are also looking at one of the speedboat tours in St Martin that are getting good reviews here and on tripadvisor. my question is: for an older lady not in the best shape, if I go on a speedboat with the kids (adult children) is it hard to get back up onto/into a speed boat from the water? I had no trouble with the yacht in Grand Cayman but it had a nice ladder.

I am so excited that we booked with Capt. Bob for our February cruise this morning after reading all of these wonderful reviews. It seems that I have made a great decision for a wonderful day in St Marten. YAY!!!! :D

I will post a review when we return!!!

I am so excited that we booked with Capt. Bob for our February cruise this morning after reading all of these wonderful reviews. It seems that I have made a great decision for a wonderful day in St Marten. YAY!!!! :D

I will post a review when we return!!!

When in Feb. We will be on the NCL Getaway 2/21-2/28. Also booked with Capt. Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi - we are also looking at one of the speedboat tours in St Martin that are getting good reviews here and on tripadvisor. my question is: for an older lady not in the best shape, if I go on a speedboat with the kids (adult children) is it hard to get back up onto/into a speed boat from the water? I had no trouble with the yacht in Grand Cayman but it had a nice ladder.

The boats have a ladder, but it's important to follow the crew's instructions on using it. On our 2013 trip, a slightly larger guest was hanging on the ladder & being pushed up by her adult son and the ladder broke. That certainly mad getting in / out more challenging. Important lessons: Get on or off the ladder, don't just hang on. Don't tug on the anchor rope. Don't let the rope tangle around the ladder. Otherwise, it's all good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm sure both tour operators are great, but we toured with Captain Bob about two weeks ago and had a great time.

Be sure to realize that these boats go really, really fast, so be prepared. As to the ladders, I'm 69 and had no trouble getting on board by myself, but I *think* I'm in pretty good shape. The crew was always there to help if needed; it could be challenging I think for the larger or out of shape passenger.

Best tour meal I've had--for once options were available, great for me, who doesn't eat chicken.

• 4 weeks later...

We are also debating doing one of these tours - dh and I are both not big snorkellers. Will this be a problem? IE is the whole premise of the trip to snorkel?

Thx!

Ps we also get stressed out about being back onboard in good time -lol. Our itinery says departure at 5pm. I'm assuming these operators give plenty of time for that?

With Captain Bob, I think there were two snorkel stops, a beach stop and lunch (in a beach restaurant). Not everyone snorkeled; on one of the stops you could have just swam to the beach, the other was not by a beach. Some people stayed on the boat at that stop.

I think the main point of his trip is getting to see a lot of the island, the very fast boat ride, with scenery and commentary along the way, and we got back in time to see the big jets coming in to land from the boat.

I think our sailing time was 5 also. The tour ended at 4:30 and it is an easy 10 minute walk to the ship. Many, many people were heading back at the same time and we felt in no danger of missing the ship.

Usually I like to be back at the ship at least one hour ahead of sailing, but this worked out just fine.

With Captain Bob, I think there were two snorkel stops, a beach stop and lunch (in a beach restaurant). Not everyone snorkeled; on one of the stops you could have just swam to the beach, the other was not by a beach. Some people stayed on the boat at that stop.

I think the main point of his trip is getting to see a lot of the island, the very fast boat ride, with scenery and commentary along the way, and we got back in time to see the big jets coming in to land from the boat.

I think our sailing time was 5 also. The tour ended at 4:30 and it is an easy 10 minute walk to the ship. Many, many people were heading back at the same time and we felt in no danger of missing the ship.

Usually I like to be back at the ship at least one hour ahead of sailing, but this worked out just fine.

;) thank you!

My husband and I (late 50's) were on Captain Bob's excursion last week. We asked to be on the same boat as some friends we were traveling with and Capt. Bob kept us together and put us on a boat with other cruise critic people from our roll call (16 in all). This is one of the best excursions we have been on in all our years of cruising. I am a novice snorkeler and didn't get in the water at any of the snorkeling spots and still had a blast. The value per price paid was incredible in my opinion, $109 pp. for a 6+ hour tour.

There is no head on the boat but there are restroom facilities at the dock, Pinel Island, and the lunch stop.

Our first stop was Pinel Island. The boat anchored close to shore but was about chest deep so you had to wade or swim to shore. We had about 20 minutes there and saw several iguanas/lizards behind the bar/restaurant. Our next stop was Tintemarre to snorkel. The water was about twenty feet deep so I opted to stay on the boat. The boat provides snorkeling equipment and their gear is very nice, as well as floating noodles. As we were leaving the area our Capt. said there were reports of dolphin pods in the area so we slowly cruised around and actually had two different dolphin sightings.

We stopped for lunch in Grand Case and the water was about neck deep to get into shore. We had use of lounge chairs before and after lunch. We all sat at one long table and had a choice of fish, chicken or ribs with rice or fries and salad. We had to try the guavaberry colada - yum!

We rode past expensive real estate including a home of Donald Trump's, then had another snorkel stop at Creole Rock. Then on to Maho Bay where a huge Air France jet flew right over us. We stopped at Mullet Bay beach for a swim in the water, then went to the marina for a tour past the yachts. We were back at the dock close to 4 p.m. and walked back to the ship.

This is one excursion I wouldn't hesitate to go on again, loads of fun!

Thank u Yvie for ur help. U answered most questions. My sis is the only one who can't swim well. Afraid she won't have a good time but she didn't want to stay on ship by herself. I just thought she would stay on boat and just enjoy the views and island. Deep waist and neck deep sounds great.....she will skip the 20 feet part lol How much extra cash is needed to bring along ( tips and drinks?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just contacted CApt. Bob:

The price is $109 per person including snorkel gear, lunch and drinks on the boat.

On Capt Bob's boat - is the use of snorkel equipment and noodle for free? Or do they charge a rental fee?

I am ready to book with Capt. Bob. I have a 2.5 year old boy? Do you guys think the ride will be too rough for him? He will stay on the boat in deep water area.

It depends on his personality. There was a 3 year old little girl on one of his other boats the day we went; she seemed to get along fine. Some kids are more easily scared, and I'm not sure how you'd know in advance if he would be really afraid or not. Once out on the water, it would be hard to get off!

Sitting in the back or middle section is much less bouncy than the front, where we sat (by choice). Has he been on a jet ski or other power boat?