Infant on Navigator of the Seas......

GarnetFan8

So I guess the main option I'm reading about is to bring a small blow up pool to take out to the main pool areas and/or shower/balcony.

Is this really feasible near the pool areas on Navigator, meaning is there enough room so that it won't be in the way of others?

Seems like RCI would have splash zones on most all of their ships and maybe they're working on doing this, I don't know.

So I guess the main option I'm reading about is to bring a small blow up pool to take out to the main pool areas and/or shower/balcony.

Is this really feasible near the pool areas on Navigator, meaning is there enough room so that it won't be in the way of others?

Seems like RCI would have splash zones on most all of their ships and maybe they're working on doing this, I don't know.

The newer ships have splash zones for babies, as they were built to accommodate this. These pools are setup on separate water system than the main pools, so not very easy to retrofit the older ships to support this.

No. Unfortunately Navigator does not have baby splash zone. You would need to sail on Freedom, Liberty, Independence, Oasis, or Allure to find a pool that can be used by children in diapers. Or Disney.

Since my cruising window is very limited, this was basically the only cruise that I could do with my entire family. The Oasis option for the same room setup and one extra day would have been almost $3k more and that wasn't doable.

So are there ANY pools on the ship that are strictly for kids that have been potty trained? I just know it's going to be awfully hard on my son to have to be that close to a few pools and not be able to get in. Guess I better speed up the potty training process somehow. :rolleyes:

Since my cruising window is very limited, this was basically the only cruise that I could do with my entire family. The Oasis option for the same room setup and one extra day would have been almost $3k more and that wasn't doable.

So are there ANY pools on the ship that are strictly for kids that have been potty trained? I just know it's going to be awfully hard on my son to have to be that close to a few pools and not be able to get in. Guess I better speed up the potty training process somehow. :rolleyes:

Potty trained kids can use any of the pools. The baby splash zones are strictly for kids in diapers.

OK...well, kids are not allowed in Solarium, so rule that pool out.

Edited by RSLeesburg

Here is a thread that shows great pictures of Navigator. It looks like one of the main pools have a fenced off section, which would be perfect for your son. When we sailed on Grandeur, our son was almost 4 and he lived in a similar section on the Grandeur. The water was only about 4-6 inches deep and there were places for my wife and I to sit so we could watch him (to make sure he did not go into the deeper sections).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199276&highlight=navigator

Here is a thread that shows great pictures of Navigator. It looks like one of the main pools have a fenced off section, which would be perfect for your son. When we sailed on Grandeur, our son was almost 4 and he lived in a similar section on the Grandeur. The water was only about 4-6 inches deep and there were places for my wife and I to sit so we could watch him (to make sure he did not go into the deeper sections).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199276&highlight=navigator

Thank you for the link to those pictures. I see the area you're talking about, but I guess the same rule applies to him being potty trained to even be in that section of the pool.....

Thank you for the link to those pictures. I see the area you're talking about, but I guess the same rule applies to him being potty trained to even be in that section of the pool.....

Unfortunately yes. But, if you make sure he goes before going to pool area, and he is not wearing diapers or pull ups, he could go in. Just get him out before he has to go potty again. The big no-no is no diapers or pull ups. Our son was potty trained for our first cruise, but we still made sure he went before going to pool, and we told him that if he went in pool, he would be thrown out for rest of cruise. Twice he asked to go to the potty, so my wife or I would walk him to the public restroom which was not too far away. So, if your son is at stage where he tells you a little beforehand, just make sure you know where closest bathroom is, just in case. It is a little more work, but it is doable.

garnetfan....since we're on the same cruise and we have little ones the same age...is your's showing any interest yet? My guy shows some interest in the potty every now and then. Sometimes he'll say he's gotta go, ill ask if he wants to sit on the potty and he says yes. He has yet to actually do anything though haha. I'm hoping we get there, or at least close by the time of the cruise. I figure if we're at least close we can do what a previous poster suggested and go potty right before and then maybe even every half hour or something.

garnetfan....since we're on the same cruise and we have little ones the same age...is your's showing any interest yet? My guy shows some interest in the potty every now and then. Sometimes he'll say he's gotta go, ill ask if he wants to sit on the potty and he says yes. He has yet to actually do anything though haha. I'm hoping we get there, or at least close by the time of the cruise. I figure if we're at least close we can do what a previous poster suggested and go potty right before and then maybe even every half hour or something.

We're starting now so that he can get a head start and hopefully by the time of the cruise, he'll be good. And we're also thinking the same as far as doing what the other poster suggested and having him go right before we hit the pool area.