Carnival Pride Balcony 8A room

mitsugirly

I see that these rooms are in the aft of the ship on deck 4.

From the blue prints, it looks like there is a restaurant on the 5th floor above the room.

I have read many threads over the years about having a room above or below a restaurant and the noise that you get in the room after the dining closes...cleaning the area, pulling chairs across the floor when cleaning and so on.

Is it really that bad? Do you think I will hear it? If so, how long does this go on? We "normally" head to bed around midnight-1am while on a cruise. Will this still be going on at this time?

I have also read that the Pride is excellent when it comes to insulation of the rooms and most people say their rooms are not loud at all. Anyone stayed in a room under the dinning area and found this to be the case?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
I have also read that the Pride is excellent when it comes to insulation of the rooms and most people say their rooms are not loud at all. Anyone stayed in a room under the dinning area and found this to be the case?.

IF you are under the dining room-- its carpeted so you will get no noise from being under the dining room. I

Hi Kim,

If you are in an 8A aft on deck 4, above you (deck 5) will only be staterooms. Below you on deck 3 is the upper level of the MDR. My guess, dead quiet by the time you go to bed and probably a lot sooner than that even. The only potential noise you will hear are the waiters singing and maybe later, the vacuum cleaner. You will be fine.

Hi Kim,

If you are in an 8A aft on deck 4, above you (deck 5) will only be staterooms. Below you on deck 3 is the upper level of the MDR. My guess, dead quiet by the time you go to bed and probably a lot sooner than that even. The only potential noise you will hear are the waiters singing and maybe later, the vacuum cleaner. You will be fine.

Thanks for the info. My TA managed to get us moved up 1 floor (I think it's now a 8B). So I haven't looked at the blue prints, but of course know that there are now rooms below us (where we would have been) and hopefully rooms above us now. :D