Docking Location In Stockholm

TxnAquarian

What is the docking location in Stockholm that Azamara uses? I'm hoping they dock at Stadsgarden, which is the city center area.

Michael

Last July, since we embarked on the Journey in Stockholm, we were docked at Varthammen which was approximately 10-15 minutes from the city center. There was a shuttle operating.

The second day I thought we were supposed to tender off the center of the city, but we did not change location and left from our original berth.

Certainly there was at least one cruise ship at the city center and Journey's size should make tendering there a breeze. I was a little disappointed that we didn't move.

However, almost all neighbourhoods in Stockholm are really attractive, and even out at the docks there was lots of greenery across the water to enjoy .

Don't know your itinerary, but certainly the docking location in St. Petersburg was one of the highlights of our Baltic cruise.

I hope someone else can help you further by referencing their experience.

Edited by nordski

What is the docking location in Stockholm that Azamara uses? I'm hoping they dock at Stadsgarden, which is the city center area.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I searched Azamara's website, and located this for you : https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/stockholm-sweden-cruises#boarding-directions

Looks to be Stockholm Freeport Cruise Terminal. Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise !

Thanks guys! The info is really helpful. Freeport Cruise Terminal at Frihamnen isn't ideal, but my assumption is that ships only stop in the city center when in the middle of a cruise. I think they have to use the further out ports for turn-around days.

Michael