Have you been to a Carnival Live concert? VIP seating?

Seattle2

Would like to hear from cruisers who have attended a Carnival Live concert, particularly if you did VIP seating - how was it? I see that it says no reserved seats, is that true even for the VIP area, they just reserve a few rows and it's first-come, first-served? Seems like it would be chaos, and not sure how the logistics work if there's a meet-and-greet before the show. How early did folks start lining up to get in?

eja6aqu5.jpgda9a5aqy.jpgSTYX CONCERT DETAILS TICKETS delivered Mon night. 8:15 line up for m&g. All ushered into Rock and Roll night club. Given our lanyard, free champagne. Counted down to band's arrival. 2 poses with band (which we were to pick up in the photo gallery tomorrow) one was free the other was $13, then told to go to the theater where we were in the first three rows. The lanyard was our admittance to the VIP section.

I sat at the center aisle end of second row with no one in front of me. Tommy Shaw and James haven't changed a bit. The keyboardist replacing Dennis De Young did a melody of other hits, including Paul McCartney, and Queen, and the band did most of the hits but I missed Mr Roboto and Show me the way. COME SAIL AWAY was the finale. Tommy Shaw handed me one of his personal guitar picks

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sent from my iPod

Edited by ccruisequeen

I was on the Fascination and had VIP tickets for Styx. We sat on the first row and people did save seats for others but I think it was only for the other person in their party. Our meet and greet was just as the other poster said except that I felt like we were cattle being herded in for slaughter. We didn't get 2 poses--only one and it was rushed. There really was no meet and greet other than saying hi as you got into place for your photo. VIP section was roped off and the staff was awesome.

CruiseQueen & Babs - Thanks for the info! So, there were no specific assigned seats within the VIP section? Do you just go into the theater as soon as you finish your photo, or did they wait til everyone was done to open it up?

We just went straight to the theater after our photo was taken and chose our seats. The VIP area was roped off and Carnival staff were in the aisles and would let you in and out.The rope was to my left and there were "non-VIPs" sitting in the seats on the other side. They never tried to sneak under it. It was pretty well organized.

CruiseQueen & Babs - Thanks for the info! So, there were no specific assigned seats within the VIP section? Do you just go into the theater as soon as you finish your photo, or did they wait til everyone was done to open it up?

Right we just headed to the theater. They let us in one door and general admission were let in the other door. The employees looked for the lanyards to show us the right door.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sent from my iPod