Legend Extended Balcony

Cruznjuly

Carnival Legend... 6232.

It's a huge extended balcony! Bigger than usual extended.

Stayed in this cabin on Miracle in August and had many problems with the exterior AC leaking onto the floor. It displaced us three of seven nights as they had to dry the soggy floor.

Am I just being paranoid thinking this could happen again on a different ship?

Google shows nothing... it's nothing, right? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your super helpful reply.

I appreciate your valuable feedback.

(Not that I owe you any explanation but I can't change the title... tried that once I realized I left off the leak part.)

The bowling alley balcony is so fantastic!

I think I'm just worried because that leak was really miserable to deal with... soggy carpet, soggy luggage, musty smell.

I'm sure whatever part was leaking is in the same place.

But yes I'm probably just crazy! LOL

My DW, Daughter, and I plan to cruise on Carnival Legend summer of 2017.

While getting a balcony is a must, is the extra money for a extended Balcony "worth it"?

How about Starboard/Port side of the ship, is one side better than the other to see the coast line?

Would getting a obstructed view on Deck 5 (5143) be a better value than getting a open view on deck 4 (4157)?

I refuse to get inside Rivera, just so I can afford good excursion, but I don't want to break the bank either.

Thanks.

My DW, Daughter, and I plan to cruise on Carnival Legend summer of 2017.

While getting a balcony is a must, is the extra money for a extended Balcony "worth it"?

How about Starboard/Port side of the ship, is one side better than the other to see the coast line?

Would getting a obstructed view on Deck 5 (5143) be a better value than getting a open view on deck 4 (4157)?

I refuse to get inside Rivera, just so I can afford good excursion, but I don't want to break the bank either.

Thanks.

The extended balcony cabins also known as the "L" shaped cabins or "bowling alley balconys" are the same price as the regular balcony's but there are only 4 on each deck 2 on each side. We always stay port side, usually that has the best view. Here is a link to a video of our cabin on the Valor. They are close to the same layout some have a small couch some just a small table and two chairs.

The obstructed view cabins on deck 5 are also a good bargan, try to book between two lifeboats and you can see the water, also make sure you do not book where the ship bumps out, that will restrict your views. 183144_10150430669645585_3346021_n.jpg?oh=cb64e5cc56337f270e4e3b85cb0649d5&oe=58FD1FFD

185924_10150430669725585_4730204_n.jpg?oh=1326b3e705c39ed5725c62e5782b1ae1&oe=58CAB95A

Edited by hockeyluver

The Valor is not the same class as the Legend and the cabin and balcony is different. On the Valor, balcony is normal depth. Legend is 'extended'. Both are longer than a standard balcony. Legend is not an L shaped cabin.

We have been in the L on the Valor Legend and Miracle. They all had the same layout, with the same extended balcony. The pictures I posted were the obstructed view L extended balcony on the Miracle.

We have been in the L on the Valor Legend and Miracle. They all had the same layout, with the same extended balcony. The pictures I posted were the obstructed view L extended balcony on the Miracle.

I'm not seeing an L shaped cabin on the Legend or Miracle. (Could be my eyes.) What is the cabin number?

I'm not seeing an L shaped cabin on the Legend or Miracle. (Could be my eyes.) What is the cabin number?

Same. We were in Extended, 6232- and it was definitely a bowling alley but definitely not L Shaped.