what to do before catching plane?

Doh15

Our cruise finishes in Oranjestad at 7 am on a Sunday, and we fly out at 4:15.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to pass the time (or logistics for dealing with luggage)?

Ordinarily I think we'd be happy walking around downtown but between it being Sunday and having luggage I'm not sure (and similar for beach, esp. with a flight later).

I figure there must be lots of people who've BTDT and figured out what to do.

Should we find a hotel/restaurant on the beach (maybe Reflexions?) where we can hang out and park our stuff?

Our cruise finishes in Oranjestad at 7 am on a Sunday, and we fly out at 4:15.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to pass the time (or logistics for dealing with luggage)?

Ordinarily I think we'd be happy walking around downtown but between it being Sunday and having luggage I'm not sure (and similar for beach, esp. with a flight later).

I figure there must be lots of people who've BTDT and figured out what to do.

Should we find a hotel/restaurant on the beach (maybe Reflexions?) where we can hang out and park our stuff?

I think that I have read posts on another forum where people have checked out of their hotels in Aruba, and have gone to Reflextions for the day, and they have stored their luggage. I would email them and ask.

Renaissance might also do this for you if you pay $99.00 per person and use their private island. The only problem with this is that they sell passes based on their hotel occupancy, which is very high this time of year. A lot of people have been turned away, lately. They don't allow you to book in advance.

What cruise are you doing that ends in Aruba? I would love to do that.

FYI - You need to be at the airport at least two hours early. Sometimes, it goes fairly quickly, and sometimes, it is a nightmare. We vacation in Aruba every year. Some years, we have made it to the gate in 45 minutes, and some years, it has taken the whole 2 hours. You just never know. However, if you are flying to the US, you will go through US customs in Aruba, so you don't have to do it again when you land in the US. On Sat. and holidays, you need to allow 3 hours.

If you are flying to the US allow 3 hours at the time and day you are flying, it's prime time. Aroundaruba does private tours and you could arrange the tour to drop you off at AUA after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. You are correct. Three hours is needed. Apparently, my brain isn't working tonight.

• 2 weeks later...