Villefranche

I may have asked this before :o The heat is getting to me!

We want to explore Villefranche when we go in September as we have already been to Monaco and Nice. I think someone mentioned a villa that was good to visit and also are there any other things we ought to see?

I just wandered around town. There is a fortress on the hill with gardens etc and there are some nice views. The villa is the Villa Ephrussi and was owned by the Rothschildes? However it is some way from the tender drop off point.

I remember kruzseeka recommending that. Villefranche is lovely to just wander around and has a nice beach and a small market which includes some jewellery stalls. There is the usual 'little train' trip too

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I may have asked this before :o The heat is getting to me!

We want to explore Villefranche when we go in September as we have already been to Monaco and Nice. I think someone mentioned a villa that was good to visit and also are there any other things we ought to see?

Hello Linda :)

Yes it was the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

hhtp://www.villa-ephrussi.com/en/home

If you walk right from the tender stop round the bay at the far end of the beach are some steps. When you get to the top follow the road round generally veering right until you meet the main road. Turn right and after perhaps a mile you will see the sign for the Villa on the left hand side of the road. The bay is on your right. Have a look at Google Earth and you will be able to see its position relative to the town. It's actually on Cap Ferrat and from the gardens you can see your ship anchored in the bay and the town of Villefranche.

There is a bus to get up there - when we last went to Villefranche there was a tourist info desk at the tender point. They would give you instructions about buses if you wanted to try that. (Uphill going, downhill coming back so if you only want to walk one way........ ;).)

It's lovely there - makes a nice change. Enjoy. :)

Thanks everyone.

I have printed off your instructions Kruzseeka. We would probably try to get a bus us to the Villa and possibly walk back. It depends on the weather really (doesn't it always?)

Otherwise we shall have a wander round on the flat and back to the ship for lunch and a bit of sunbathing(hopefully)